Top Shelf Aquatics

Squamosa Clam Growth Pics

NanoJrFL

nope, full tank shots on my tank aren't that great, don't have a lot going on really, I've put new corals on hold for awhile while I setup up my fuge and pay for that. I don't have any before shots either, cuz it didn't occur to me to do that when I got him. Anyways, I run a 12 hour photoperiod. Heres a pic of him fully extended from above (I had to #### him off with a turkey baster shooting water to get him to close enough). If you notice, from the side the mantle is blue and from above its green/yellow. Here ya go, http://www.thelogicalreef.com/images/galle...aylorsgreen.jpg

Yes, my clam was from logical reef. Thats why its in the gallery, and that pic is of mine in my tank. Peace

I just wanted to see the size of the critter in the tank. I bought the 96W for the purpose of being able to do a squammy some day... I wanted my tank to be up at least 8 months before i threw a future dinner in... :o

In your first picture of the T. Squamosa it looks like it is closed up and the mantles are retracting some what. Is it still like this or like the other picture??

Barry

sorry barry, I should've mentioned I had to shoot water at him to get his shell exposed, he stays way open, as you can see in the pic I linked. I figured thats the only way to get shell growth pics, cuz he doesn't close up all the way at night either

Archived