ReefCleaners.org

Perc's hosting in squamosa

pmoradi2002

My female percula is hosting in my squamosa (I think that's the kind of clam) and I was wondering if this is safe for the clown to do? Will the clam kill it by closing shut? The male doesn't seem to have any interested in the clam and just pooters around it. Thanks!

P.S.- Didn't know which topic this would be under so please move if required.

I have seen pics of this happening. Incredible as it may seem, the clam and the clowns seem to get along.Here's a video I found on youtube you might like:

I have seen pics of this happening. Incredible as it may seem, the clam and the clowns seem to get along.Here's a video I found on youtube you might like:

:o:huh::mellow::happy:

Yes I saw that video before, but my clam is much smaller, about 4 inches across. Would this change anything?

• 3 weeks later...
Can the clam shells shut and clownfish gets held prisoner?

yeah but it can close and crush your clown. i felt how hard to close...would hate to get my finger stuck on one of thoses.

one time i dropped a thermo-meter into a reef tank by mistake, it landed right on a crocea. and he caught it. I had to wait 5 minutes intil he opened back up. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived