SaltCritters.com

Neat new cameras

Lalani

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hasselblad H3DII-50 Multishot

Hasselblad has announced a Multi-Shot (MS) version of its H3DII-50 medium format camera. First shown in the H3DII-39 MS in 2008, the system captures four shots in a row, moving the sensor by one pixel between each shot to record full RGB values at each position. THe H3DII-50 MS costs €23,000 with less expensive trade-in prices and a trade-up route for Hasselblad owners.

i saw a couple 102400 iso pics, and frankly they weren't all that bad noise wise. prob. less than a p and s shooting at 1600 or 800 in normal light

I use digital for most things but I still have an inherited film camera (Olympus OM-10). I like the film because it takes me a month to shoot a roll, by then I have no idea what I am getting back. Also I seem to get more pictures I really like with the film that with digital but that could be because I think more about what I am taking. Thinking that it is ~$0.50 a shot also helps.

• 3 months later...

I saw that on dpreview...seems..interesting. My only question is...wouldn't you have some serious DOF issues when shooting all the way open? Meaning if you took a picture of someone's face, his/her nose would be in focus, but his/her eyes would be full blown bokeh. And so would be the same with any subject you shoot...so I'm not sure having it that wide is good for anything but close-ups...

High megapixel count, extremely fine detail, just all around goodness.

As with film, due to the increased size of the imaging chip (up to twice that of a 35 mm film frame, and thus as much as 40 times the size of the chip in a typical pocket point-and-shoot camera) they deliver more pixels than consumer-grade cameras, and have lower noise. Features like fan cooling also improve the image quality of studio models.

Looking at film frame sizes:

800px-35mm_MF_LF_Comparison.jpg

Imagine the 35mm box is the size of full frame DSLR sensors.... the rest of those boxes are medium except for the 5x8 is large. The two cams linked above are the 645 size.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived