ReefCleaners.org

Neat new cameras

Lalani

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno, I see it taking off. Think about all the times people take pics at parties and get togethers and everyone wants to see them. No one takes the time to hook the camera up to a tv so they all strain around the little lcd screen. This would be a quick solution if the battery holds up. I like the idea. *shrug*

Good idea especially for sharing as lalani pointed out.

I don't know why you can't transfer pictures from one camera to another via IR. I thought that would be here by now.

I kinda want one. :unsure:

cept for the fact it has no lens or zoom

HecticDialectics
Good idea especially for sharing as lalani pointed out.

I don't know why you can't transfer pictures from one camera to another via IR. I thought that would be here by now.

it was here years ago... Fuji has ir transfer on a lot of their cameras ;)

I dunno, I see it taking off. Think about all the times people take pics at parties and get togethers and everyone wants to see them. No one takes the time to hook the camera up to a tv so they all strain around the little lcd screen. This would be a quick solution if the battery holds up. I like the idea. *shrug*

+1

People are going to use it.

it was here years ago... Fuji has ir transfer on a lot of their cameras ;)

good, now the rest just have to jump on that so it is universal.

summers.enemy
I kinda want one. :unsure:

Me too, not enough to actually buy one but just enough to envy anyone else who has one.

I think it's a really neat idea, no more LCD huddling simply project onto the wall and everyone can see easily. Personally, I could see myself uploading all kinds of shots on to an SD card and taking a piece of foam core and projecting the images right there to clients. Poof! Instant, large and cool portfolio viewing.

• 2 weeks later...
HecticDialectics

Canon dropped from 14 to 10MP on the new G11 :X

And attempted to copy the LX3 with the new S90 with f2.0 on the wide angle (but goes way up to 4.9) ...

Both of them have potential, but no HD video mode. Gonna be interesting to see some sample pics. I'll be kinda pissed if the S90 gets close to competing with the LX3, cause its smaller and has more zoom. People are saying the 4.9 is useless and LX3 only goes to 2.8, but ignore the fact that at similar focal lengths they will likely have similar f-stops. So the extra zoom would only be going above and beyond what the LX3 physically can't even do. It's also likely to be a full $100 cheaper (and widely available to actually purchase).

HecticDialectics
Heh, and you just bought the LX3. Gotta love how quickly technology changes. :P

I'm interested in seeing how the new Exmor R sensors work.

Yeah, hence my kinda pissed comment. :P

Supposedly there are also rumors that the LX4 which people are assuming is due out early 2010 will also have a backlit sensor

Archived