inTank Media Baskets

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anemone fan
Well if it gets to be too much for you with school, feel free to send your livestock my way ;)

No send it my way, I'm doing research on east coast Urticina(s), the research is whether or not there is a (s) or if it is one. If you do shut it down, I wouldn't mind getting my hand on any Urticina spp. you may have. BTW post some more pics of them so I can take a peek and ID them for you if you haven't already.

New fts innocent0001.gif please

Maybe later :P

No send it my way, I'm doing research on east coast Urticina(s), the research is whether or not there is a (s) or if it is one. If you do shut it down, I wouldn't mind getting my hand on any Urticina spp. you may have. BTW post some more pics of them so I can take a peek and ID them for you if you haven't already.

I will take some eventually, gotta deal with this other darn tank first.

• 1 month later...

Not yet :P

Hey Jamie, can you ID that little silver fish in the second to last photo? I don't know what he is yet.

animalmaster6

WOW tank's still looking fantastic Jacob! I love that gunnel. Really cool fish I was looking for them for a while today.

Not yet :P

Hey Jamie, can you ID that little silver fish in the second to last photo? I don't know what he is yet.

I'm not sure, maybe some sort of juvenile perch? I think I saw the same thing hanging around the docks in Olympia.

Matt Wandell thought he was a perch too, that was my guess but the shape of his head is a little different? Must be because he/she is a juvenile.

Tank looks amazing! I really love the grass and the gunnel! What do you feed it? When I had a gunnel it would only eat live food <_<

Tank looks amazing! I really love the grass and the gunnel! What do you feed it? When I had a gunnel it would only eat live food <_<

I just feed it mysis shrimp, everything in the tank eats it just fine :) I have even been feeding the gunnel by hand haha.

eww plants

Just kidding. :) Tank looks good, and that eel things is scary looking. :lol:

I think you mean awesome looking!

I just feed it mysis shrimp, everything in the tank eats it just fine :) I have even been feeding the gunnel by hand haha.

Lol my sculpins would eat from my hand, but my gunnel was always stubborn. It was also a very different looking gunnel than yours, I never positively IDed it, but it was almost all a dark brown color

The gunnel just attacked my surf perch, and then killed it. You gotta be kidding me.

oh my gosh was it trying to eat it or just kill it? that stinks :(

I think he was defending his food at first (I was feeding), he then bit him a couple times, but that first blow killed him :(

Sorry :( . That's really strange, how big is the gunnel in relation to the perch? I suppose killing your competition is a reasonable evolutionary strategy, but I've still never heard of it happening in a fish tank before...

Well the gunnel could only really fit the head and a little more of the perch in its mouth. The gunnel is probably 6-7 inches and the perch was about 1.5.

Archived