Coral Vue Hydros

AIO Pico without Conflict

Doc Frye

I have had very good luck with clams before without dosing, but I know that in a tank this small they may use up the Ca quickly. I have always relied on frequent water changes to replace used nutrients.

Anyone have any experience/suggestions?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, I was hoping to get some from you :). I was just going to add a small crocea to my 5.5g, actually move it from my other tank.

How many gallons is your tank do you think? I mean actual, because the rock displaces a lot. My 5.5g is more like 4g with my aquaclear on it.

I believe I have just a smidgen over 3 gallons total with all the rocks and equipment in the tank. The clam has been in for 8 days now and looks fantastic. I'll keep you updated on this thread.

I think your clam should be fine, with basically 1/3 water changes the calcium should be replenished every week. I do 2g water changes on my 5.5g, basically a 50% change haha. Its funny because I have the same light as you, basically on a pico tank.

Playing around with my camera, and since I don't have threads for these tanks....

A picture from my finnex

Untitled-1.jpg

and a crappy pic of my war coral that I got for a steal at a LFS

Untitled-14.jpg

Yup, a little patch and the mojano. I think I have to finally kill it. It hasn't done any damage, but now it is taking up real estate. I have 3 small patches of persistent hair algae like that in this 30 gallon tank. Everywhere else is spotless. Odd.

is the nem just below that pink monti ? BA coral btw

i have 3 mojona nems in my tank. i like them :)

I should send you pictures of my 300 gallon infested with Majano's.

It started with 3 and ended with over 5000. They started stinging other corals. The more I tried to remove them the more they split and spread. I took out all my coral and put in a racoon butterfly. After 2 weeks he ate nothing but a few palys. Then in a matter of 2 days he ate all 5000 Majano's.

I promise they will split and spread.

I should send you pictures of my 300 gallon infested with Majano's.

It started with 3 and ended with over 5000. They started stinging other corals. The more I tried to remove them the more they split and spread. I took out all my coral and put in a racoon butterfly. After 2 weeks he ate nothing but a few palys. Then in a matter of 2 days he ate all 5000 Majano's.

I promise they will split and spread.

I would like to see these pictures please.

First water change today went very well. Changed about a gallon and a half. The front display was half empty for about a minute. Everything bounced back swimmingly.

doc that one rock upper left looks out of place to me kinda throws it off a little. u should get some magnets and hang it off the left wall ;)

oh and HOLY HELL on the nems bob ! luckily my tank is full of junk so i am not to worried about it :P

I have actually thought the same thing about that rock, but from some angles it looks perfect, and when the whole thing is one giant zoa garden, I think it will meld better.

Archived