Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bob21115's winning Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest tank

bob21115

bib when i got to ur site where it says "300 Gallon Web Cam" there is no link just the text ? and who owns a MAC :P hahahhahha

also bob how is the interface on the RKL is it complicated or can a dummy use it?

I HAve a RKE Not a RKL. Its very easy to use.

LAJZ has a mac and so do I.

What do you see under the "300 Gallon Web Cam"?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I HAve a RKE Not a RKL. Its very easy to use.

LAJZ has a mac and so do I.

What do you see under the "300 Gallon Web Cam"?

i was just bustin ur chops on the MAC.

the text is there it says 300 GALLON WEB CAB but when i mouse over it nothing happens. i tried clicking it and natta. i use firefox. think that may be it? all ur other links work though

Did you install the ActiveX control?

there was no prompt for it when i looked bob. or is it separate?

The web cam uses Microsoft's activeX. Thats why you don't see it in Firefox or Safari on a Mac. I'll work on getting it switched to Java.

Here is a screen print of it in IE.

webcam.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
yeah if u use IE it works fine :)

I added a link to the left menu to access the web cam in 4 different ways.

The Milli and Acans are starting to bleach, so I raised my light about 8 inch's.

I also move the tank from in front of a big picture windows in my living room to other side of the room.

I did a 1 1/2 gallon water change with the move.

New FTS at lunch today.

FTS updated in first post.

Here a picture of the tank after the move and the light raised.

12inchfts11.jpg

Whatcha doin' with those sexies? I would love to take 'em off your hands.

I think they are going into a one of the 100 gallon sumps in the basement for breeding

I feed mine (6) five days a week, and haven't experienced any down side to them. My zoas and palys seem fine with their presence, and I have never seen anything to make me think they are eating tasty bits o' my corals. They are on my desk at my hospital, so I see them very often. I have witnessed multiple matings, and spars between individuals. One of my favorite inverts hands down. The way my zoas and palys are multiplying, I might as well have a few more munching on their skirts - if it is happening (doubt it is in my tank.) If you reconsider, I can take 'em off your hands!

Can I ask for first dibs on any Yuma babies? I can look at pictures of that coral for hours!

Nice tank, sir. You have my vote.

I feed mine (6) five days a week, and haven't experienced any down side to them. My zoas and palys seem fine with their presence, and I have never seen anything to make me think they are eating tasty bits o' my corals. They are on my desk at my hospital, so I see them very often. I have witnessed multiple matings, and spars between individuals. One of my favorite inverts hands down. The way my zoas and palys are multiplying, I might as well have a few more munching on their skirts - if it is happening (doubt it is in my tank.) If you reconsider, I can take 'em off your hands!

Can I ask for first dibs on any Yuma babies? I can look at pictures of that coral for hours!

Nice tank, sir. You have my vote.

They aren't eating the coral they just step all over it and piss it off.

My PD's are growing nicely. I have a baby of the purple and green yuma, but the orange hasn't split yet.

I removed all the zoa's except the Purple Deaths.

I added the Wheeler's Watchman Goby and Tiger Pistol Shrimp.

I also added some rubble for them to build with.

12inchlivestock27.jpg

12inchlivestock28.jpg

Here is the goby right after I added it to the tank

12inchlivestock29.jpg

FTS updated in first post.

Here are a few updated shot of the goby and the pistol shrimp.

They are destroying the aquascaping, but its going to look so cool when they get settled.

I have Green Star Polyps and Anthellia behind the Live rock in the back with the hopes that it will grow up the back and fill in the back wall.

If they don't start growing I may have to add more rock, since the crab has covered so much of the rock.

Here's the full tank shot

12inchfts12.jpg

12inchlivestock30.jpg

12inchlivestock31.jpg

12inchlivestock32.jpg

That's a beautiful fish. I had a wheelers on hold at the LFS when we first started our tanks but someone sold it twice so I got the scooter instead.

Doc:

I look and I couldn't find any thing about a Pistol praying on other shrimp.

I'll hopefully keep him well feed and it won't be a problem.

I will keep you in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I removed a few things (anything the Sexy Shrimp were bothering) and added a Green Hairy Mushroom.

Every thing I removed is doing great since I removed it. Since the Sexy Shrimp can't bother they any longer.

This is the new Green Hairy Mushroom

12inchlivestock33.jpg

The Green and Purple Yuma left a baby.

12inchlivestock34.jpg

This is the Orange Yuma.

12inchlivestock35.jpg

This is the only Monti Cap I left in the tank. You can see some PD zoa's also. The sexy shrimp have left them alone. The 2 Polyp colony is now 5 and the single is now 2

12inchlivestock36.jpg

The Green and Purple Yuma (The baby looks like a second mouth)

12inchlivestock37.jpg

FTS 11-28-2009

12inchfts11_30_2009.jpg

It looks like I might also add some rock to the back wall. The tank looks to flat, I don't think the GSP will fill the back wall before the contest is over.

I love the color of the LED on the tank, but I'm not satisfied with the coral color.

I have a 150 Watt MH Clamp on light. It needs a new bulb, but I might switch to that. If I do I may pat with the LED if your interested.

Archived