ReefCleaners.org

New maxima placement

Clownshoes

I have a maxima thats been in my tank for a week now and Im unsure where to place it exactly. I have a 14g biocube and its under a 70w sunpod 14k stock bulb.

For the first few days it was in the sand just to acclimate to my tank then i put a flat rock under it for it to attach to. Well it attached for about a day then let go and moved back onto the sand. I tired it again a few days later and once again it moved back onto the sand then burried itself a little ways into it.

My question is could it survive on my sand bed? Im hesitant to lace it on rocks because I have to move back to school in a month and it will be an 8 hour drive so Id like to be able to bag it individually and not have to cut it off the rock work. The clam seems fine and is opening up great and dosent looked stressed at all. Params all normal.

What should I do with it at this point considering it will have to be moved in a month?

Jungle_John

leave it be:)

but put a little rock under the sand so he can attach. ive read they wont grow if there not attach to anything.. or it will be very slow growth.

I'd actually prefer a slow growing clam. . .especially if it's one that can get 10"+ (not a maxima) Like the others said, I would just leave it

Archived