Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

-Zook's Irregular Box of Fuzzy Sticks-

Zo0k365

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sheesh....this tank is sick!!

Thanks! As we all know it takes a lot of time and money.

Awesome tank!!!Are you feeding the gorgs daily and if so what do your feedings consist of?

Thank you. I feed them every once and a while. They are primarily photosynthetic so they dont really require feedings but when i do i use Kent Marine Phytoplex. I also disturb the sand bed around once a week for them and they usually give a good reaction to that.

But i just got a part time job at my Lfs store today! So im happy :happydance: I now have some funds for this demanding hobby.

And a great discount too I hope lol. Unfortunately the guys at my LFS know what everything they have is and I dont get good deals like that lol. Well i may have gotten a few rare zoas on a frag thanks to a new girl but thats to be determined lol. That is one beautiful acan also!

My male sailfin blennie died!!!!!! :tears: A week ago he was acting really stressed. He was breathing hard and being very lethargic. He was fine the next day. Then he did the same thing after that. While that was happening the female kicked him out of his little area and they switched places. The next morning after his second lethargic "attack" i found him dead out in the open. I checked the params and they were perfect.

RIP Mr. Blennie

TIME TO GO FISH SHOPPING

And a great discount too I hope lol. Unfortunately the guys at my LFS know what everything they have is and I dont get good deals like that lol. Well i may have gotten a few rare zoas on a frag thanks to a new girl but thats to be determined lol. That is one beautiful acan also!

Oh yeah for sure! The guy i talked guy who hired me, Saun, said that he can get me equipment for like dirt cheap if i wanted. He gets to see all of the new stuff way before it all comes out. The display in the store is a Aquavim Ocean View Reef Ready 98 Gallon Seamless Curved Half Cylinder Glass Aquarium. He got it before it came out for the price of the materials right from the owner of Oceanic. A whopping 150$ for the price of a 2000 dollar set-up!

Sheer awesomeness ... lol ... Love the tank!!!

Thanks, I have to say. You have some impressive tanks.

So sorry about your loss. But to help you feel better PM me when you want to sell gorg frags. I would love to have one :D ... depending on the price of course lol.

Yeah. Oh and i will do that. I will sell them for a reasonable price. I just want to get rid of them actually. Prob like ten bucks or something. But I'll let you know.

I love all your gorgonians, where did you pick them up?

Sealifeinc.com! Nearly everything in my tank is from them! Best service ever. You make any request and they will fulfill it. Not to mention the copious amount of freebies.

I had one for a while. I fed these: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...amp;pcatid=8158

and I occasionally dosed phyto, and my tank had a ton of pods. By the way, how do you keep your gorgs and sea rods so healthy? Do you target feed them anything or dose phyto?

How long did you have it? What size tank and where did you get it?

I target feed them phytoplex around twice a week and stir up the sand bed a little bit on occasion. I usually stir up the sand bed right before i change or clean the filter floss so to get the stuff that i got in the water column out of the tank.

awesome tank. what camera are you using?

I use a waterproof pentax optio w60. I bought it for using while snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, and surfing before i started a fish tank. I didn't even take into consideration that i would need to take macro shots. I'm glad i just so happened to get one with an awesome macro.

I had him in my 12 gallon JBJ nanocube for about 6 months until I broke down the tank. I picked him up at vivid aquariums in LA. And if you're getting rid of some of your gorgs, put me in line for a frag of your purple one. :D

How long did you have it? What size tank and where did you get it?

I target feed them phytoplex around twice a week and stir up the sand bed a little bit on occasion. I usually stir up the sand bed right before i change or clean the filter floss so to get the stuff that i got in the water column out of the tank.

I use a waterproof pentax optio w60. I bought it for using while snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, and surfing before i started a fish tank. I didn't even take into consideration that i would need to take macro shots. I'm glad i just so happened to get one with an awesome macro.

so you're actually taking most of your pictures with your camera submerged?

Archived