Innovative Marine Aquariums

-Zook's Irregular Box of Fuzzy Sticks-

Zo0k365

Alright, I set up this tank on 4/3/2009 and have not done a whole lot since the initial modifications but it is starting to look fairly nice. The whole modding thing was a total pain in the @$$ but it turned out alright. I made a false wall from the bottom of a mixing tub because home depot didn't have black acrylic or any black sheets of plastic... Anyway, I'm learning now that silicone doesn't stick to the plastic :angry: The light i put in it is a current sunpaq 2-32 watt pc fixture and i happen to be very happy with the growth and color I'm getting with it but im thinking about an upgrade... lol

Here it is when I first set it up

imgp0576.jpg

imgp0581.jpg

picture015mvv.jpg

(4/23/20090

I ended up changing the rock scape, adding chaeto to the fuge, and taking out the crushed coral and replacing it with live sand

imgp0751p.jpg

(6/9/2009)

imgp1148d.jpg

And now (8/24/2009)

imgp1953e.jpg

Thanks for looking!

More pics and info to come :closedeyes:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

imgp1561.jpg

I have a pair of sailfin belnnies for fish. This is the male.

imgp1415z.jpg

The two of them.

imgp1420c.jpg

And the male again. I'm yet to get a picture of him with his fin up. Its so cool when he does it though.

imgp1481.jpg

imgp1484.jpg

Some zoas

imgp1517.jpg

I love this flower anemone

imgp1495.jpg

And an interesting top down shot of one of my gorgonians

Thanks Joe!

Sweet gorgs. Must be a pain to maintain water quality with all of the feedings.

Where did you pick up that flower nem? I like.

It's been a while since I've seen a modded eclipse, but I have to say, you did a great job.

Sweet gorgs. Must be a pain to maintain water quality with all of the feedings.

Where did you pick up that flower nem? I like.

It's been a while since I've seen a modded eclipse, but I have to say, you did a great job.

Actually, I only feed them once a week because they get like 95% of their nutrition from light (I only get photosynthetic ones)

Like the purple one, In a month of not feeding it it grew about 1/2 an inch.

The flower anemone is from sealifeinc.net (green and white stripped flower anemone)

I asked for a small one.

And thanks!

Awesome tank man. I too have an eclipse 6 lying around..ive been eyeing it up to mod it for something. Yours was truly inspiring..perhaps Ill give it a go. Looks great man!

Paleoreef103

Looks good! I think I remember the planning stages of this one. Glad it's going well. Are you using a pair of Maxijet 606s?

-Paleoreef103- Thanks, Im actually using two Rio 120s, they're great!

-PIPS- Lol, it was only ten bucks.

-Curly Joe Reefer- Thanks! They grow like crazy too.

Ah, see, I never got in to Gorgs enough to know which where photosynthetic and which where'nt. They really add to the tank.

Don't ask me why, but I think you need Duncans. They would just stand out and look awesome in comparison to the rest of your live stock.

Ah, see, I never got in to Gorgs enough to know which where photosynthetic and which where'nt. They really add to the tank.

Don't ask me why, but I think you need Duncans. They would just stand out and look awesome in comparison to the rest of your live stock.

Haha, maybe if the opportunity arises I will add some to my tank :lol:

Gorgonians are starting to become some of my favorite corals. The ones I'm keeping seem to be doing very well under their current lighting. I made frags of the purple one and they have all grown noticeably since i made them.

Also, this was a hh that i got on my lr and I've noticed that it has grown substantially since i first noticed it.

I asked around and people said it might be hidden cup coral awhile ago. I'm a little skeptical. Any ideas? (It has a piece of dead chaeto in it's mouth)

imgp1544.jpg

imgp1552f.jpg

It used to be one polyp.

imgp0666g.jpg

imgp0668t.jpg

eclipse tanks would actually sell better if that was the new design LOL

but they would cost soooooo much more. Damn thing was hard to make!

pimp4cheddar

Very nice looking tank!

I'm not understanding fully...did you create the black wall?

I've never seen an eclipse with that wall...

-got2envy- Haha thanks, that's pretty much what i did. I had the eclipse sitting around for two years!

-pimp4cheddar- Yep, I made the false wall and took the stock filtration out. Now I'm just running filter floss and chaeto

-Gerber77- I'm happy to hear that! That was kinda one of my goals as far as the looks of the tank.

So I'm debating on what i want for shrimp in this tank. I was thinking bumblebee shrimp but decided i don't want to buy a shrimp i will rarely see. So i think i will wait.

Haha I knew someone would say that! Idk i was actually thinking a Pederson Cleaner Shrimp - Periclimenes pedersoni or a White Spot Anemone Shrimp - Periclimenes brevicarpalis. At the moment, sealifeinc.net has both. I was also thinking i could get a pistol shrimp. I made the sand bed deep in the first place because i wanted to get a shrimp goby and pistol pair. But that didnt work out.

Archived