Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

#### Aptasia aneomones

kingfishh

Alright so I got a 24 gallon nano and it is infested with these Aptasia Aneomones. I probably have about 200 of these pest. I always see these thing spawning and they definitely own the tank. In the Nano library it says to get rid of these things you need to inject them with kalkwasser, using a syringe. I'm going to head down to the fish store tomorrow to see what they have, and keep posted to see how things work out.

Wow thats alot of Aptasia. I use Aptasia Control and it works good. I just squirt it on each one and they melt away. If you have that many you might consider a peppermint shrimp. Good luck.

Thunderstruck34

I had a similar problem only with majano anemones. The solution for that was pickling lime (kalkwasser) paste (added water and stirred) injections, its time consuming because you have to inject each one in the mouth but it was worth it. Now for aiptasia I tried the same thing...didn't work so good, next I tried using coraffix...I was already using it to glue some frags and figured what the hay. To my surprise after about 2 weeks of being smothered the little F'ers found their way around! My third and last attempt seemed to work the best. I just got some boiling freshwater and injected em. Takes a few attempts possilby unless you get them real good the first time. good luck and happy hunting!

Just curious as to why this is in the clam section? If you have clams in your tank be very careful using kalk pastes as it can cause serious problems with clams.

For removing these little buggers I use boiling water and a turkey baster. Works great for me. But I've been lucky and have only had a few to deal with. 200 is going to be a nightmare.

That is what I was thinking, that maybe this is in the wrong section. OP, do you have clams in your tank. If so, do some more research before using Kalk paste or joe's to get rid of em. It can be some serious stuff when the clams take it into their system.

so ....how did you get so many? did u inherit the tank? Sure they are aiptasia and not mojano? either way you will probably want to get rid of them. usually if you begin to spot em you can kill them relatively quickly..

pmoradi2002

Nano-Reef.com » Nano-Reef.com Forums » Live Stock » Clam Discussion

hahahahhahaha

goodluck with the killing!!

Yeah I did inherit the tank, and at first there was only 1, I thought these it look cool. I didn't know what they were but it was something. Well anyways I went down to the LFS. They told me to take out the live rock, and place it in a bucket. Then I put one of my RIO 800 in there and added twice as much salt. I purchased some Aiptasia Control so I can use it for the suckers that were on the black wall, in the sand, and on my corals :angry: . So that was about two days ago. One more daily dose and all of them should be dead. For the L R I don't see any of the Aiptasia on them anymore. Probably tomorrow I won't have any aiptasias and I will do a water change, rinse off the live rock and water pump. then place them back in the tank.

Archived