Coral Vue Hydros

maxima/crocea under LEDs?

mg4015

planning to get a crocea/maxima when my LED build gets installed. lfs has very nice clams in both species. i am most likely unable to fit optics in the hood aof the aquapod. will i be able to keep either of hese in the top half of the tank? supposed to be equivalent to what a 100 watt halide would look like if they were made, more like a 150 watt halide with optics. thanks!

you probably could keep them in the top half, without much problem. I'd still start them at the bottom and move them up gradually (over days) to the top.

ok. i do kow that sps are going to be fine based on par numbers in the top half, so that will work out great then. LFS has them under 650 watts of halide, so i may be able to start it off where i want it.

i placed my clams right under my LEDs only 27watts worth and over time they slowly moved away from it and now its on the edge of the LED lighting. seems very happy. been over a year.

ok. speaking of AP24 LEDs isidro0, i think im gonna cut pockets for the fans so i can fit optics and still clear. that is turning out to be the best way to show the parentes it will fit well. :huh::D

that way i know for sure the clam and other sps will be fine down lower. and i get a better setup.

Archived