A tip for anyone trying to recover information from lost threads:

If you Google search for "site:nano-reef.com your_topic_title_here"

Brilliant thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heh, we could teach them what a sense of humor is. ;):P

Sry Chris, I'll be good now.

yeah that what i love about this place everone seems 2 have a great sense of humor and i'm a clown at heart...yeah RC has been down for a min now?

Thanks everyone. It appears post attachments from the lost topics are still on the server, and will appear in your post if your post ID # matches the old post ID #. I'll see if I can do anything to prevent it. If you have a phantom image show up, please PM me a link and I'll remove it.
Can you just increment the post ID #s so that they wouldn't ever match?
RC has been slacking!

Good job NR. Your guys do great!

damn RC is still down...props to NR for getting back up so quick...

neverendingz

Is there still problems with the forums because I keep receiving emails on "subscribed replies" to threads I have never even visited let alone subscribed to.....

It's fine Christopher. Everyone has site difficulties at one time or another. The moment I saw that you were having DB errors I knew it wasnt good. At least you guys were smart enough not to store your backups on the same server.

I find it odd that both RC and NR were taken down within the same time frame. Makes me think that someone from another, competing forum, planned these attacks.

Christopher Marks

neverendingz, unfortunately you will need to manually remove your topic subscriptions from the past two weeks. They are tied to topics that were lost, and their topic ID's have been replaced by new posts since the data loss.

ribbie, what happened to our database and what happened to RC were purely coincidental. I don't believe either sites were attacked.

ribbie, what happened to our database and what happened to RC were purely coincidental. I don't believe either sites were attacked.

I got an email from RC, they were doing some upgrade that went wrong.

neverendingz
neverendingz, unfortunately you will need to manually remove your topic subscriptions from the past two weeks. They are tied to topics that were lost, and their topic ID's have been replaced by new posts since the data loss.

Thanks

Now my local reef club forum is offline......... Chris, you got some 'splainin' to do. :angry:

someone is mad at the reefgeeks. :D

Helfrichs Chick
A tip for anyone trying to recover information from lost threads:

If you Google search for "site:nano-reef.com your_topic_title_here" you may be able to find a cached copy of the thread on Google's servers. Just click the "Cached" link in the lower right corner of the search result. This may help some people repost their topics or save copies. The sooner you try this the better odds you will have, Google doesn't cache web pages indefinitely.

I tried this for my 110 Starphire thread... I click on the link from gogle and another thread comes up. Is there any way to get this back? No biggies it wasnt a long post but just wondering. Thanks!

Christopher Marks
I tried this for my 110 Starphire thread... I click on the link from gogle and another thread comes up. Is there any way to get this back? No biggies it wasnt a long post but just wondering. Thanks!

It's probably too late, Google has cached the new topic that matched the ID # of your lost thread.

Archived