SaltCritters.com

MedRed's 34 Gallon Solana (R.I.P. 01/07/2010)

MedRed

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful shots med! Haha I see you got the rainbow acan from amnestia too! I got the rainbow acan too! That's my favorite and the hulk acan at the moment. What's that bright neon coral on the top left. I can not see it on my iPhone :( it's hella look sick!

Thanks D! The bright green coral is a blurred flame torch due to the exposure. Nothing fancy. I still need to play twith the camera more... and I will probably upgrade to a better point and shoot. As soon as my new vortech gets here... i'll let you know if any of the old pieces still work.

That chili coral is awesome. I want some. Is it difficult to keep / find?

Oh, I also love your rainbow acan. I need to pick one of those up too haha.

thanks atlweb. I've not had the chili very long, but it seems happy. It looks totally different if it's not polyped out. It shrinks down to a limp, red blob. I'll take some before and after pics. I was actually looking for one and was at my LFS and asked if they had one. strangely enough they did!

Thanks CL, you need a new light!

Probably. It's only 70 watts and the monti caps you sent me aren't colored up despite being at the top of the tank. Maybe I can buy your old one when you upgrade? It would more than double my light :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Med where you been? MIA? hope everything is going good over there :) any updates?

Hey D. I've been holding off on updates as... I may be moving halfway across the country soon >_<.

Hey D. I've been holding off on updates as... I may be moving halfway across the country soon >_<.

why might you be moving?

why might you be moving?

job promotion. i'd be going back to Texas which would make me very happy. I don't know for sure yet... but i've been in a holding pattern for a little while now. I have brand new chalices and ora corals that haven't been glued in place yet as I wait on the news. hopefully i'll know soon.

• 1 month later...

Sell me your acanthus frags and your chilli.. Lol

Good news that you got the job and is relocating to cali. But sad to see your tank have to break down. But lmk if u let it go bro.

Moving to Cali... so the tank is in the process of going away :-(. I think i'm going to sell everything (tank included) and start all over.

WHA??? :o

• 2 weeks later...
Moving to Cali... so the tank is in the process of going away :-(. I think i'm going to sell everything (tank included) and start all over.

Say whaa?

Wow. At least Cali seems like a nice place.

• 2 weeks later...

Sell me your acanthus frags and your chilli.. Lol

Good news that you got the job and is relocating to cali. But sad to see your tank have to break down. But lmk if u let it go bro.

WHA??? :o

Say whaa?

Wow. At least Cali seems like a nice place.

I have to start getting rid of stuff really soon. i don't have enough time

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How have you been? did you get to move into your new place yet? any updates?

I'm all moved. I have yet to even begin to think about resurrecting the tank. I do miss it though :-(

Damn that ric rock is freaking awesome.....

What did you do to your camera to take better shots? What kind do you have?

Acan Alley is pretty cool, but the Ric rock with the clam on it is awesome bro!

Thanks guys. The tank has been broken down for a couple months now as I just moved. I was using an SD750. Some members here gave me some pointers on taking better pictures and some better settings. Using a tripod really made the difference. I am ready to get started again on an awesome tank. It may be a little later this year.

I look forward to seeing your new setup when you get settled.

Glad to hear you aren't gone for good.

Take care and good luck,

Ian

Archived