ReefCleaners.org

Dumb Question

Rockfish

so last night my derasa's attached to a rock and this morning he's on the sand bed.....can a clam move himself even if he's firmly attached to a rock and seems comfortable for months now??

• 1 month later...
Reef Goddess

Yes and derasa's are sand clams not rock clams.

Squamossa, derasa, hippopus, and gigas all on the sand.

Crocea and maxima are rock boring clams.

so last night my derasa's attached to a rock and this morning he's on the sand bed.....can a clam move himself even if he's firmly attached to a rock and seems comfortable for months now??

Dersas prefer to be on the sandbed. Try placing a flat rock beneath him and let him sit in the sandbed.

Jungle_John
already done......he just keep on growing and depleting calcium!!

thats a good thing then :lol: but can get expensive aye? :o

;)

yes def.....im setting up a clam tank actually.......i got a good deal on the gallon size C-Balance......I feel like i'm gonna need it

Jungle_John
yes def.....im setting up a clam tank actually.......i got a good deal on the gallon size C-Balance......I feel like i'm gonna need it

if you dont something wrong :P im afraid to know how much im going to be going through in the future when mine start to grow larger :mellow:

lol.....well i have 3 clams right now and i'm only dosing the tank once every 3 days......so not too bad as of yet but we'll see

Heheh. How big do they get...? Here is a shot of my Derasa that I had to end up giving away because it got too big. 16" in the end. It was taking up 40 ml of Ca and CaCO3 daily!

042309fts1.jpg

bigclam1030309.jpg

So be prepared! I would also recommend you go with Bulk Reef Supply in terms of Ca CaCO3 and a set of dosing pumps. Especially if you are doing a clam tank.

Heheh. How big do they get...? Here is a shot of my Derasa that I had to end up giving away because it got too big. 16" in the end. It was taking up 40 ml of Ca and CaCO3 daily!

042309fts1.jpg

bigclam1030309.jpg

So be prepared! I would also recommend you go with Bulk Reef Supply in terms of Ca CaCO3 and a set of dosing pumps. Especially if you are doing a clam tank.

DAMN!!!! omgomgomgomgomgomg

UH........ That thing is huge. How long did you have it? From what I could see, it sure looked like a very nice deresa!

Archived