Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanobuds JBJ 3 gallon Picotope

Nanobuds

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't do the jawfish in the pico lol. the sexies are great though, our LFS sells them for $8.99 one down the road from him they are $14.99 huge diff. Pom pom crab goes well with sexy shrimp too, but they are really reclusive.

don't do the jawfish in the pico lol. the sexies are great though, our LFS sells them for $8.99 one down the road from him they are $14.99 huge diff. Pom pom crab goes well with sexy shrimp too, but they are really reclusive.

lol i said the jawfish will be for the nanocube lol. i was thinking a pom-pom...

will a YCG, a Yasha, 3 sexies, and a pom pom crab be too much?

I think that -the yasha would be good. That is too big of a fish for 3g in my opinion and it will be difficult to keep your params under control with two fish in only 2 gallons (or less, I am thinking 3g-rock/sand etc.) of water.

ok thanks. mabey 2 clown gobies... if the tank starts to go bad or if they fight then i will just move one to the nano...

hmm... but i usually like to push it. like D3monic. he has 2 mandarins, 2 clowns, and some type of gobies. he is planning on getting rid of the clowns and getting 2 scooter blennies and more mandarins lol

His are all trained and not in a 3g :P

But yea its your choice, if you can keep your params good and have the gobies not fight you should be fine.

My ears are burning....Im starting to think a another bangaii might be cool I am interested in mouth brooding. I need to get my but in gear and set up my pico. I got a 2.5gal aga and everything I need. I was thinking either sexies or a yasha and pistol. I have been putting serious thought into setting up a fw planted too. I saw some really cool ones on youtube and I caught the bug. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uafmRtpK7T0

I got a spotted mandarin im trying to get rid of. Hes fully trained and eating from a feeding dish. I am just too damn scared to ship it or I would send it to ya.

Haha nice paint job and gorgeous golden labrador you got there ive got one myself a right bundle of trouble he is too he is 4 and a half and moults like crazy :)

ha ha thanks mine is 5, turns 6 on January 1st lol. his actual twin brother lives across the street from us and they play a lot. he also sheds a ton lol

pics of the paint job tomorrow

Make sure you turn that cheato upside down when doing your water change, looks like its getting brown on the bottom.

Very nice tank

ha ha thanks mine is 5, turns 6 on January 1st lol. his actual twin brother lives across the street from us and they play a lot. he also sheds a ton lol

pics of the paint job tomorrow

here is an old one of mine my lil girl is almost 4 now but i love this shot he is awesome with kids.

100_0020.jpg

i decided to go with no current 2x18 watt dual compact fixture, only the Current 1x18 watt. i don want to risk my SPS with my clown goby(ies). Also i will get no more corals or pics until i get the light. i want it to be a surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

well my first disaster. lets say that a stomatella decided to go up the intake tube for the AC 5o, and decided to stop right by the motor, jamming the motor. so... the water stopped running. the fuge light gets pretty hot, and, well it heated up the fuge to 90 degrees farenheit. so... i dumped out all the water, not thinking to clean out the entire thing, added some more salt water, everything back to normal? not. 50% of chaeto bleached and/or browned out, and i also had dead brittle stars and stomatellias in the fuge, raising ammonia to about .5, killing off my peppermint shrimp, 3 hermit crabs, and a mushroom.

i am really wondering why i even wanted a pico, almost 3 months old and barley any livestock in it... i should have waited until i got a job

Dude its the same with me. My 5.5g has had the same corals in it for 3 months. I am gonna get a couple harlequins for it though.

No! Keep going with the pico, your already so far why stop now?

Archived