SaltCritters.com

MedRed is a Nub!

MedRed

Hey there. You got quite a thread going on here.

Isn't this the second tank that UPS busted up? So sorry to hear about it.

If you want to get things going, get some rock and put it in a rubbermaid tub, or one of your old FW tanks and let it start the curing process in SW. Then when your tank finally does make it to you in one piece you will already be part way through the initial cycle.

It's too bad to hear about your tank again. Those are lovely tanks and it is a shame to hear about one that is all busted up.

dsoz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Here bro... :flower: You need it!!! :lol:

;)

Thanks... I'm going to need sledgehammer and the garage address for the offending UPS station as well.

Hey there. You got quite a thread going on here.

Isn't this the second tank that UPS busted up? So sorry to hear about it.

If you want to get things going, get some rock and put it in a rubbermaid tub, or one of your old FW tanks and let it start the curing process in SW. Then when your tank finally does make it to you in one piece you will already be part way through the initial cycle.

It's too bad to hear about your tank again. Those are lovely tanks and it is a shame to hear about one that is all busted up.

dsoz

I don't know for sure it's broken yet, but it's showing exactly like the last one that was broken. The rock I have is already paid for and sitting at the LFS. It came out of an established tank and is covered in coralline and hitchhikers. I would like to only disturb it once. I'm sure the LFS would like to clear out the rock so it's not taking up their space.

I begged the retailer to ship the tank via air and even offered to pay the extra $146 to do so. I was told they couldn't because of the weight. this is ####### me off hardcore. I will know for sure what's going on tomorrow. everyone cross their fingers, toes, and testicles for me!

goin_all_out

man this sucks, i know you'll get it going soon. its a good thing this whole fish tank thing is all about patience.

i'm all ready working UG over, lol have him on msn now, figure if we both get at him it should work!

This is what happened when the first tank came in:

210hz6t.jpg

and this is the stand that actually made it to my door :

28wnpm9.jpg

This is the new tank:

wlafd0.jpg

The new tank looks like one of the above, and not the one that made it to my door. I am going to go ballistic on UPS tomorrow if it's broken. Nothing less than free overnight will be acceptable.

I'm pretty certain the tank is smashed. It should be "Out for Delivery" at this point, instead there's been no change in status.

Good (but uncertain) news. UPS delivered the tank just now. I can't get to it until the office manager comes back from lunch. I'm anxious to see how many pieces it's in.

The tank arrived in one piece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already been to the LFS (Davey Jones Locker) and back. I took the tank so that I could work out my scape with the live rock. I also took my dry dock and Mp20 with me to see if they could cut it down to fit in the third chamber. They are going to make me a custom dry dock with legs that will stand on the shelf in the 3rd chamber flush with the top of the tank. OH HAPPY DAY!

Glad to see the tamk arrived in one piece!!! :happydance:

Thanks CL and David. I added water last night. Unfortunately I have to fly to Alaska today so I won't be able to do much until I get back. On another note. I can't get my mp20 to make a wave. I must have fooled around with it for an hour last night.

Thanks CL and David. I added water last night. Unfortunately I have to fly to Alaska today so I won't be able to do much until I get back. On another note. I can't get my mp20 to make a wave. I must have fooled around with it for an hour last night.

Turn the speed all the way up to 100%... Turn the pulse as fast as it will go... Then, in very very short increments, shorten the pulse. Wait about a minute in between adjustments.

Hope that helps! B)

Archived