ReefCleaners.org

MedRed is a Nub!

MedRed

sounds like this will be a cool tank! certainly getting the good stuff the first time around too.

just hope you get a tank that is in one piece. I have read that one guy got his tank broken like 3 times or something.

Good luck! :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lakshwadeep
So I went to the local Reef association meeting today. Had a speaker who spoke about aquascaping techniques. I have to say... FW blows SW away in the aquascaping dept.

:lol: It's true that most SW owners put aquascaping way down on their priorities. However, there are some people who do get it right, like C.P. Farm :D ...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...fari%26rls%3Den

sounds like this will be a cool tank! certainly getting the good stuff the first time around too.

just hope you get a tank that is in one piece. I have read that one guy got his tank broken like 3 times or something.

Good luck! :)

Thanks 121a, I read the thread with the broken tanks. That's the reason why i was worried the tank was possibly broken.

:lol: It's true that most SW owners put aquascaping way down on their priorities. However, there are some people who do get it right, like C.P. Farm :D ...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...fari%26rls%3Den

Very Nice! I picked some nice rock I think. I for sure have enough for what I plan... We'll just have to see how it comes together.

Thanks Osric, I think all three are just color variants of ocellaris. I've pretty much decided to just go with a pair of naked clowns. The stocking list will be a pair of nakies, a bluespot jawfish, and a tailspot blenny. Think I can add one more fish?

I'm not too familiar with blennies and jawfish, but unless they're bigger than I think they are you could have one more small fish in my opinion. My tank currently has a YWG, pair of clowns, flame angel and two (was one) anemones (GBTA). I am thinking of adding a sixline wrasse as my final fish.

Osric

I'm not too familiar with blennies and jawfish, but unless they're bigger than I think they are you could have one more small fish in my opinion. My tank currently has a YWG, pair of clowns, flame angel and two (was one) anemones (GBTA). I am thinking of adding a sixline wrasse as my final fish.

Osric

everyone seems to love six line wrasses, what's the deal with them?

davidr2340

I think they are kind of hit or miss... I would add one last though.

Man, sorry 'bout the tank bro! :rant:

B)

I think they are kind of hit or miss... I would add one last though.

Man, sorry 'bout the tank bro! :rant:

B)

Thanks David, It's really getting to me. I could have set it up last thursday and started the cycle on Friday. I then would have had a week to make sure everything worked correctly before going out of town and the cycle would be set. I leave to go out of town this Thursday, won't be back until Sunday and only for a day. Then gone until the weekend, then gone again for 4 more days.

Even if I set up the tank this Sunday after getting home from a 5 hour flight at 7 pm (granted the tank is in one piece) The LFS isn't open on Monday to pick up the LR. I'm home the following weekend, but not sure if it's enough time to make sure everything works properly before leaving town again. I'm possibly looking at June 26 set up instead of a June 5 setup. I've wasted the perfect cycle month! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Oh yeah... Jawfish house almost done.

2rc8qq8.jpg

What are the thoughts of using 250 watts of HQI w/ 64 watts of actinic on this tank vs. the same with 150w of HQI w/ 64 watts of actinic?

*edit, the actinic would be PC lighting.

I have a 250 Sunpod over my tank... LOVE IT!

You'll have to keep an eye on temps tough. Easy enough with a fan!

Thanks David.

No one seems to make a 20" T5 + HQI combo. The only choices I can find for actinic lighting and HQI for the tank size use power compacts for the actinics and are the Current USA SunDial Pendants and the Catalina Aquarium Ultra Reef. Only the Sundial comes in a 250w. And it's pricey.

FWIW... My Sunpod fixture is 24". If you are going to hang the light over the Solana, it won't look bad at all! I was worried at first but the overhang is not an eyesore, IMO!

B)

FWIW... My Sunpod fixture is 24". If you are going to hang the light over the Solana, it won't look bad at all! I was worried at first but the overhang is not an eyesore, IMO!

B)

You just solved my problem. I never noticed your fixture was a 24". It's not displeasing to the eye at all. Now I will figure out which fixture I'm going to use. Thanks!

hey my sixline is cool :) he never picks on anybody, if anything, the damsel owns the tank.

definitely no damsels! I want this tank to be as easy going as possible. I want to keep coral, fish, and shrimp/crab warfare to a minimum. I get much more pleasure out of a tank if I don't have to worry about someone being bullied or potentially eaten.

goin_all_out

TPT for life indeed (fish_fasinated here)! you got excited to see what you do with SW, after reading about your FW for so long.

TPT for life indeed (fish_fasinated here)! you got excited to see what you do with SW, after reading about your FW for so long.

Thanks goin_all_out!

Oh MY GOD! The tank is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and is now showing another exception. If this tank is broken I am going to go ballistic!

juaemw.jpg

goin_all_out

wierd, i couldnt see it being broken. sent it to the wrong address?

you know medred, i was thinking we should talk uglygenius into a salt tank. lol

no... the exception means that something went wrong in the transit somewhere. It was already in portland and wasn't scheduled for delivery until tomorrow. This is exactly what happened to the last tank. I'm super nervous now!

Ugly Genius would have the most BEAUTIFUL SW tanks... I will do my best to entice him to the dark side!

no... the exception means that something went wrong in the transit somewhere. It was already in portland and wasn't scheduled for delivery until tomorrow. This is exactly what happened to the last tank. I'm super nervous now!

Ugly Genius would have the most BEAUTIFUL SW tanks... I will do my best to entice him to the dark side!

I would say the tank is broken...I got an exception on my cadlight tank that was delivered last week and when i finally did receive it the tank was in pieces -_-

I would say the tank is broken...I got an exception on my cadlight tank that was delivered last week and when i finally did receive it the tank was in pieces -_-

I fear the worst as well. I can't believe this!!!!!!!!!! UPS! YOU SUCK ASS!

Archived