Innovative Marine Aquariums

MedRed is a Nub!

MedRed

i think ADA's might be tempered glass but im not sure.. i would call AFA or ADG and see what they say.

and im sure a display fuge would work, but im not ready to take one on. you probably have the cahones B)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next question...

What are your recommended RO/DI systems? I will need one that comes with or accepts a faucet adapter.

My last question went unanswered, but I have a new one. Would 3 clownfish be pushing the aggression meter? Now what if they were a False Percula, Naked False Percula, and Black variant False Percula?

Tank comes in tomorrow. 30 gallons of SW mixed and ready to go already! Found a place with some Saweeet live rock that came from an established tank. I will be picking up the rock saturday at the latest.

davidr2340
Tank comes in tomorrow. 30 gallons of SW mixed and ready to go already! Found a place with some Saweeet live rock that came from an established tank. I will be picking up the rock saturday at the latest.

:happydance: 'Tis "go time"!!!

lakshwadeep
Next question...

What are your recommended RO/DI systems? I will need one that comes with or accepts a faucet adapter.

try checking out airwaterice.com Many people have the mighty mite, but you could get a larger capacity model.

try checking out airwaterice.com Many people have the mighty mite, but you could get a larger capacity model.

Amazing! you just justified my purchase. I did some digging around and came up with airwaterice.com yesterday. I bought the Typhoon III. It was by far the most fully featured RO/DI for the price...

UPS came today and dropped off my stand all by its lonesome. I checked the tracking number for the tank and it showed that it was out for delivery, but ten minutes later went back to the facility. I called and inquired as to hat happened. I was told there was a "weight adjustment" to the item and that I would have to wait until tomorrow for it to be delivered or to pick it up. GRRR. I guess I'll be putting the stand together tonight.

No Joke! I was freaking out that maybe it'd been pulled because the tank broke. I guess I still have that fear. I will find out soon enough I guess. This means I have another night of dodging all the buckets of salt water I have bubbling at the moment.

omgomgomg

BASTIDS!!!

:lol: I feel for ya bro!!!

Thank you. Just can't believe my luck. My fingers are crossed the tank isn't broken. I've read a few horror stories regarding broken tanks. It never crossed my mind until the tank didn't arrive today. If I miss out on the sweet $5lb tongan live rock that came from a 2 y/o established tank... i'm going to cry myself to sleep for a week. I went to check out the rock yesterday. It has a TON of stuff growing on it. Mushrooms and all kinds of stuff. I don't expect much to survive the cycle... but It's probably the most living live rock I can put my hands on... and probably the cheapest as well.

Drill the ADA. Forget all talks about overflow boxes.

Yeah... i may forget about a refugium for now...

So the tank should be here in the morning?

Yay! I hope it isn't broken.

Oh, I told you the lounge was rough :P lol

The stand arrived at 1:30 today... so sometime tomorrow afternoon. I'm a big boy. Some newbs trying to sound like experts don't phase me. Not being able to debate with facts and resorting to quips is equitable to giving up.

PORTLAND, OR, US 06/05/2009 12:22 A.M.

THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS / ALL MERCHANDISE IS BEING RETURNED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE

:( :( :( :(

PORTLAND, OR, US 06/05/2009 12:22 A.M.

THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS / ALL MERCHANDISE IS BEING RETURNED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE

:( :( :( :(

:(

Sorry man :(

:(

Sorry man :(

Thanks. This just BLOWS GOATS FOR QUARTERS! I already contacted the seller and they are sending me another tank. I tried to do 2 day or overnight, but they won't because of the weight. I am not home again until I leave next wednesday and then i'm only in town again for 1 day before being gone for 5 days. GRRRRRR!

I still have all of this saltwater bubbling all over the place! I decided to go ahead and pick out my live rock. The LFS will hold my pieces until My tank is up. The rock they had came out of a 2 year old tank. It iswell encrusted with coralline and has a ton of good growths on it. I really didn't want to miss out on getting the shapes/sizes I wanted. I picked out 45 lbs and it only cost me $180!

The LFS is also going to go ahead and ordering my Bluespot Jawfish for me while they're in season. I won't bring him home for 2 months, but it'll be cool to check him out when I visit the store. I'm bought the materials to build him his PVC house. I hope he likes it. Do you think it would be a good idea to introduce him to it at the store? I'm afraid he might associate bad things with it if he hides in it and that makes him easy to catch.

My MP20 arrived today... makes me sad just looking at it :-(

Man, this tank is gonna be sweet! Too bad you have to wait :(

Thanks! I sure hope so. On the plus side I have a new air conditioner being put in today. No more need for a chiller hopefully.

What are those things in the pic OP? Are they printed versions of websites or something? When did they start doing that?

What are those things in the pic OP? Are they printed versions of websites or something? When did they start doing that?

LMAO! too funny.

So I went to the local Reef association meeting today. Had a speaker who spoke about aquascaping techniques. I have to say... FW blows SW away in the aquascaping dept.

I now have all of my equipment (with the exception of the tank ofcourse:

Typhoon III from airwaterice.com

Sapphire Solana Skimmer

Tunze Osmolator Auto Top off

Vortech MP20

Dry Dock for the Vortech

Stealth Heater

150w Sunpod with a Phoenix 1400k bulb

Paid for Live Rock siting at the LFS

I also made the Jawfish house out of PVC. I just need to get a barnacle for it.

I still have 30 gallons of SW in six 5 gallon buckets ready to go.

I was hoping to start a new thread with the build today in the AIO section. Instead I'm twiddling my thumbs. :pullshairout:

I love my solana, I'm sure you'll like yours when you eventually actually get it.

I don't think anyone answered your clown question. My understanding is you shouldn't mix different species of clowns. You could put three percs in, or a mixture of percs and ocellaris, but do more research before putting totally different species together. I'm not sure I'm right, but I am sure you don't want to be wrong...

Osric

I love my solana, I'm sure you'll like yours when you eventually actually get it.

I don't think anyone answered your clown question. My understanding is you shouldn't mix different species of clowns. You could put three percs in, or a mixture of percs and ocellaris, but do more research before putting totally different species together. I'm not sure I'm right, but I am sure you don't want to be wrong...

Osric

Thanks Osric, I think all three are just color variants of ocellaris. I've pretty much decided to just go with a pair of naked clowns. The stocking list will be a pair of nakies, a bluespot jawfish, and a tailspot blenny. Think I can add one more fish? or would that be pushing it? I don't have anything in mind. But I always like to have an odd number of fish. Just one of my quirks I guess.

Archived