Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Starting a one galon picoreef

noone

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tank is too cool. I've just been working on setting up my first nano and have just started stocking it and already the bug has bit me to make one like yours for my desk at work. LOL

Reef addiction = money... time...money... time... more money

Just wondering. What are the flat side dimensins on that tank?

I assume that the long is about 7" based ont he pencil and the bricks in the early pics, but I was wondering about the height.

Nice work. The tank is looking good. I never would have thought of using a computer monitor cable for running power to my hood. It's nice and tidy... I like it! hehe. My current setup has 3 cables running to the hood for lights alone. I feel a change coming on. :)

Nano-reefer = a person condemned to tinker :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question about using the computer cable for your power. I assume that it is just a regular computer monitor cable. Aren't hte wires to thin to run the amount of voltage needed for the lights? Do they heat up much? The reason that I ask is that i'm considering using your method, but want to make sure that I'm not going to burn down the office (work frowns on that ;) .

I have no problem with a computer cable, but is db9 pins serial cable for modem.

db9.jpg

I'm tired to see many wires outside of my tank, i pút 2 balaster for the lamps (13 wats), and one 12 volts transformer for the fan in a little box in the floor.

And i connect all to a db9 female conector, one in the box, one in the hood, its run about 2 or 3 months and no problem yet

If you want, i make diy moonligths, this is the diagram and pictures of lights finish

ledin110va.gif

ledin110vb.jpg

ledin110vc.jpg

ledin110vd.jpg

ledin110ve.jpg

ledin110vf.jpg

ledin110vg.jpg

work with 110 volts and you can connect from 1 to 3 leds in the same circuit

ledin110va.gif

• 3 months later...
The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

your rendering is done man.... it's on MY post in the DIY awsome looking pico btw... maybe i'll give you a shout when i do mine....

noone I am always awed by the enginuity that you have showed on this tank. I am really glad there are people like you here to give us guys good ideas.

first of all, who gives a damn about someone fixing the picture. The tank is just awesome. Just the electric work is enough for all of us to see and learn from. Before criticizing other people's work, show us your work or your tank.

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

hey noone when and where are you gonna post the renderings i did for you...? (just change the size and you can repost them...) BTW... i'm still not sure, but are you running 110v through a monitor cable?... ?!?!

Great job too... i'm really getting excited about starting mine... i think i'm going to be taking a different route though... mine is going to be more of a working scale model of a 125 gal reef tank... (as small as 1/125 scale!!!) fuge, skimmer, canister filter, PCs, and micro overflows... just going to be keeping softies; polyps a shroom or two and a few tiny inverts... i may draw up a design on AutoCAD soon...

Archived