Pod Your Reef

Nanoreefnate's 75g Reef-New Video! 2.15.09

nanoreefnate

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting... you guys all know David Saxby and his 600g reef...right?

(if not, go here;

)

anyways his tank has hit 60Ppm some times ( and he runs 3 skimmers, a 100g macrobed, a nitrate reactor and a phos reactor) and his corals still grow at an amazing rate.

Ya but maybe the sheer size of his tank makes up for it. And if it is uncommon it probably isn't a problem. I can image it would be hard to spot little problem in such a big tank, especially when the problems only last for a short time.

Ya but maybe the sheer size of his tank makes up for it. And if it is uncommon it probably isn't a problem. I can image it would be hard to spot little problem in such a big tank, especially when the problems only last for a short time.

hmm... your probably right....but on his TOTM ( linky; http://www.ultimatereef.com/TOTM/2007_jan/ )

his nitrates are always 5...

but then again he has a super heavy feeding regime. its like 5 servings a day of which 3 servings are of 9 frozen food cubes 1 whole head of romaine lettuce and 1 scoop (about 50) of live river shrimp EVERY DAY.

:eek:

:lol:

i dissapoint you :( i try so hard with this tank arggghhhh

im sure you tank will come out looking AWESOME in the end ;)

interesting... you guys all know David Saxby and his 600g reef...right?

(if not, go here;

)

anyways his tank has hit 60Ppm some times ( and he runs 3 skimmers, a 100g macrobed, a nitrate reactor and a phos reactor) and his corals still grow at an amazing rate.

Very interesting, Nate. I'm glad you posted it, now I'll have to do some research...

:D

Very interesting, Nate. I'm glad you posted it, now I'll have to do some research...

:D

:D Thanks Anne! Me and David are very awe inspired by his tank ;)

i wish i could be in one of the contest :(

why not? anyone can be in it. ;)

PS any more opinions on the Nitrate? :)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

so who thinks i need to make a hood for my tank? having those 2 planks of wood to hold up my light is pretty annoying... -_-

anyways i also need help chosing which SPS corals to banish from my tank... stuff is really starting to grow.

lastly... who here is a nerdfighter?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

so who thinks i need to make a hood for my tank? having those 2 planks of wood to hold up my light is pretty annoying... -_-

anyways i also need help chosing which SPS corals to banish from my tank... stuff is really starting to grow.

lastly... who here is a nerdfighter?

nate what should i do with my 2 20gal longs ?

nate what should i do with my 2 20gal longs ?

uhm... make them reef tanks? :P

make one a sump and make the other the display...

i mean if you want to.

you could also sell em if you want.

David Saxby sucks and he's killing the earth with his tank and stuff.

wait, who's David Saxby?

Cool tank, bro. needs more pics.

:mellow:

:haha:

thanks Man! :D

ill get pix once i can find my card reader... -_-

UPDATE! 11.17.09

iight. so i was feeling crappy today ( I went to bed at 5AM with a supermassive headache) so i decided to stay home. tomorrow i have a chem test so i didnt miss a test or anything. trust me. ;)

anyways i redid my rox. the SPS side got a little lower ( the left side went down by maybe .5") but it still looks cool. i just took one rock out and it really made a big difference in how much growth space i have now. i also repositioned some corals and took out some coral from the main SPS shelf. enough talk, pix are worth 1000 word right? :D

The Major Change.

Took a rock that my biggest monti cap was on.

IMG_8318.jpg

Some corals that got moved

IMG_8280.jpg

CORALZ! omgomgomg

Joe The Coral.

IMG_8284.jpg

Tri-Color Valida ( notice the new shoot-offs? )

IMG_8285.jpg

Cali Tort

IMG_8294.jpg

Miyagi Tort ( notice the acro crab? )

IMG_8312.jpg

Red Planet

IMG_8305.jpg

Purple Hooked Horida

IMG_8303.jpg

Green w/ Blue tip Tenuis

IMG_8296.jpg

Just fraged Tyree Undata

IMG_8287.jpg

Blue polyp Green Monti. IMO the fastest grower in my tank.

IMG_8289.jpg

Monti Garden

IMG_8298.jpg

FTS

IMG_8313.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed! :D

Famous last words of the update

It's very beautiful over there
Looking good! I really like your monti garden. If your green has blue polyps, I think we have the same monti-trio!

:D thank MJ!

yeah the moti garden is cool. but the green one in the monti garden is just a reg green cap. the blue one sits higher along with my Undata. ;)

Archived