inTank Media Baskets

clam under T5 lights?

mg4015

Hi,

i am planning on getting a t5 fixture for my aquapod, and was wondering if this would be sufficient to keep a clam under. the place i would put one is midway up in the tank, in the half closest to the back wall. since it is an aquapod, i was thinking a crocea, but wasnt sure on the lighting aspect for those.

Hi,

i am planning on getting a t5 fixture for my aquapod, and was wondering if this would be sufficient to keep a clam under. the place i would put one is midway up in the tank, in the half closest to the back wall. since it is an aquapod, i was thinking a crocea, but wasnt sure on the lighting aspect for those.

croceas are probably the hardest to care for when it comes to lighting.....try a maxima for your first and see how it goes...you'll wanna place him mid to high up depending on what size aquapod and the amount of wattage your light is giving out...

good luck....i've had some trouble health wise with mine but everything worked out just fine everybody's healthy and happy now!

SulfurAcid

2-bulb = Probably not gonna do well

4-bulb = Yea, he'll do allright

6-bulb = Clam's gonna be happy

Weetabix7

Getting a fixture with really good reflectors and upgrading the bulbs makes a huge difference too.

ATI Sunpower or PowerModule, Aquactinics, or a retro from ReefGeek are some of the best quality you can get in this area.

ok sounds good. the problem is i cannot hang a fixture, only leg mounts that are adjustable to the aquapod rim, so i will either go with a wavepoint 24" t5 ora nova extreme with induvidual reflectors.

why cant you hang it?check out my 30b how i hung my fixture over my tank.Can do same thing for just about any tank setup and dont cost much to do.

Archived