New Tanks Make Me SMILE

Weetabix7

The canopy is up, the lights are on.

It's beautiful.

Pichurs later, right now I just want to bask in the glow. smiley_sun.gif

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a wonderful time at the Frag Swap today, and got more than I thought I would be able to.

Got really lucky cause I was able to get some stuff through trades, as well as selling the 2 piddly frags I took with me.

Got an Orange & Green Acan through a trade, 2 other Acan frags for a trade + $10, a really cheap Hollywood Stunner Chalice Frag, Hawaiian Ding-Dang Palys through a "long-term" trade.

Also got 2 SPS frags, a Blue Polyp Green Cap that I actually paid full price for, and a frag from a Reverse Sunset Digi colony that I had traded to the guy a while back.

New system is slowly coming along.

Got the lights hooked up, they look great.

Still need to put the Vortech on, that's the next project.

Next project after that is to do a "Real" aquascape instead of just spreading everything out over the sand.

Things are looking better than they were in the 20L, so I'm happy. :)

Pichurs, as promised. :)

These were taken last night when some of the corals were still opening.

IMG_3949.jpg

Orange and Green Acan, I traded my last Blue Xenia frag for this

IMG_3950.jpg

One of the other Acans I traded for, still opening here. It has some nice green on it.

IMG_3951.jpg

Hollywood Stunner Chalice.

IMG_3953.jpg

Hawaiian Ding Dang Palys from RevHtree.

Needreefunds

:o

Yur dingdang is awesome Weets!

:o

Seriously - Beautiful new additions there buddeh!

I hope they grow like crazy in that new system

( cuz I know I gets some fragzzes down the road :P )

Great stuff L B)

i like your new frags.

TY, me too!

I really got super lucky with what I was able to take home from that swap, either that or Someone upstairs was looking out for me!

I only took a few small things to sell and very little $$, but look what I came home with!

I still have one other Acan and a couple of SPS that I haven't posted pics of yet.

The ones I've already posted are the most impressive ones though.

I really need to do some serious aquascaping work next, that's gonna be a pretty big project. :scarry:

I have some ideas for using acrylic rods to help with aquascaping, but we'll see if I actually end up doing it...

wow I forgot about those rods. But seriously great score L. I cannot wait till you can actually sit back and enjoy the tank as it grows into a mature setup.

I think the layout of the tank is pretty good. Sit on it for a week or so. That's what I am doing (to see if my original aquascape grows on me)

Then you can work on coral placement. (Which I also need to do badly) I'm just lazy.

Check my new tank!

Lol, there is no layout currently!

I had a lot of work to do in a limited amount of time when moving everything over into this tank, so I just put everything on the sandbed.

The only consideration made in placement of stuff was in keeping everything in a place that would be "healthy" for it, i.e. mushrooms in low flow areas, sps in high flow and high light, and stinging corals away from stuff they could hurt.

It actually doesn't look bad right now, but because of placement there are several corals in the back that I can't even see unless I look down from the top, including my much-loved Favia's, my Pink Lobo Brain, and my favorite Red & Green Acan mini-colony.

I have some good ideas for a cool 'scape.

My aquascapes always come out differently than what I set out to do, but there are so many corals in here that I really need to start building upwards to make good use of the space to fit everything in.

Finally got the Vortech installed last night, and discovered 2 days ago that my Mama Carpet Anemone finally split and had a new baby!

It's been a while since she did that, so it was good to see.

I'm thinking of adding a Mangrove or two floating in styro to the sump behind the false wall tomorrow.

Cowkid-- I didn't forget about the rods, I just thought it was one project too many to tackle at the time.

No worries!

Here's a pic of the 3rd Acan I got at the Swap that I hadn't posted a pic of yet.

It's kind of a plainer dark purply color.

IMG_3956.jpg

And here's a newer pic of one of the ones I posted a pic of earlier

IMG_3955.jpg

when you sending me some acans?I need more so can make a nice acan garden.

nice finds by the way.

Lol, mebbe we can do a trade after I grow them out some. :)

Remember to make room for your Superman monti, the way it is growing I am gonna have to frag it before you get it.

My new tank is the sux right now, diatoms EVERYWHERE. All my pretty rock is fuzzy and brown. Got some snails Sunday and they are making a lil head way but think I need some more.

Remember to make room for your Superman monti, the way it is growing I am gonna have to frag it before you get it.

My new tank is the sux right now, diatoms EVERYWHERE. All my pretty rock is fuzzy and brown. Got some snails Sunday and they are making a lil head way but think I need some more.

I'll make sure to set aside a special spot. :happy:

If the aquascape works out the way I'm hoping, I'll have one special rock formation set aside for most of my SPS.

Sorry to hear about the tank, but I'm sure you know by now that this will pass.

Get more snaily-dudes!

Archived