Coral Vue Hydros

Ideal clam tank?

Graver

If you were to build an ideal tank to focus on keeping clams what would it look like?

Size?

Filtration?

Lighting?

Possible tank mates?

Substrate?

ETC.

I am thinking of building one and would love ideas

Psychosis

I've seen one of those things in operation at an LFS. There incredible, unfortunatly you'd need to ugly it up with some powerheads.

moneyman6891

Zero edge is the way to go if you want clams. On of the LFS has one setup with a few clams and it is amazing.

andresmirt

yeah, the neo-nano is 600 bucks, but its half the price of a zero edge and has 12 gallons more than the smallest production zero edge. you dont necessarily have to "ugly" it up with some power heads, you can always place a vortech on the back wall which would hide it a lot if its possible. im waiting on mine to be delivered.

so what kind of lighting would you throw on neo?

im pretty sure im in love with that tank and am already looking around the house to see where it would fit best

andresmirt

im thinking about an LED set up in some sort of sleek pendant. kind of an elos mini 20 idea in a disco ball. i dont want to run a chiller so im leaning away from metal halide, also i'd like to keep evap to a minimum, which will prove to be a challenge.

Archived