Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ReefBuddy DIY Aquarium Controller $89

hcsceo

compressor5
no ETA right now.. originally it seems it was supposed to be done Fall/Winter last year but got delayed.

Any updates, looks like a few months have gone by since the last post? This is an exciting project! I hope it makes it out of development!

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This project dead?

Hi All,

hmm thats a good question , steve has not logged on in almost a year and I just tried steve@reefbuddy.com with email.

and I just called up the whois listing which has steves last name and phone... YAY!!! I just left a message asking if the project is abandonware and if what I have from him can be released so that work may continue...

gwen

ps I am a hydroponics type not a reef type.. the circuit will work equally well for both hobbies..

This project dead?

I spoke with Steve a few minutes ago... I will be releasing his package today under creative commons, commercial use allowed freely...,

It requires diptrace to view the schematics and board layouts.. the free one seems to suffice for now...

gwen

ps package attached

Yann.zip

I spoke with Steve a few minutes ago... I will be releasing his package today under creative commons, commercial use allowed freely...,

It requires diptrace to view the schematics and board layouts.. the free one seems to suffice for now...

gwen

ps package attached

COOL!! 41 downloads!!! I will be building up the above circuit as soon as I get these 1284P PDIPS(644P pin compatible upgrade chip) that arrived from digikey today programmed with an arduino bootloader(adaboot) and my jumpers from china come in.. most everything else is in my junkbox... this will be my chance to add probe multiplexing and get the bugs worked out.

ie have to locate a 20 mhz xtal if I want to upgrade the speed.. but generally no issue to keep as is.

http://aka47.adsl24.co.uk/serendipity/inde...n644pWarez.html is where the data is for this mod.

now If I can just talk some nice chinese company into producing a Reefbuddy SMT version or a Hydroduino(take your pick)! so we can buy these low cost and preassembled... :P :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So all we're getting out of this thread is the schematics and board layout? I was so hoping to spend the $89 for the full kit. The download is great but lacking a parts list and a copy of the programming. Anyone able to get this built and working? If so please upload the components you used to build it and any coding you have created. I'd love to help with the project but I am new to Arduino right now so I am learning the basics as I move forward. If there are people still interested in getting this kit rolled out to the group, I'm on board but will probably need some help catching up.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I was hoping to at least have a fab-ready board, parts list and programming too... but I can work around the programming, etc... and looking at the schematic, you can get digikey part numbers for most if not all parts from the annotations.

What I'm having difficulty with right now is just figuring out what each of the external connectors is for. From what I see there's an EC, ORP, a couple of PH, one temp/usb (am I wrong?), a button header (U4) and... U3, U8, U12. What are they for ? Do you have any further annotations for the board? What about suggested sources and part numbers for the probes?

This is an interesting project, and I'd like to start with it and modify to fit my tank's needs... thanks to all!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone made a finished product with this yet? I'm looking into building a controller like this myself and have been researching what others have done already.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Digging up a old one here but did anyone actually build the electrical conductivity circuit from the project. I would love to build this but would just like to know if it works.

Archived