ReefCleaners.org

TJ's Reef - The death of the...

TJ_Burton

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cause my SPS no likey my tank atm! lol

Your acro's aren't happy? Its cool if you need to wait, I have a huuuuge peice of it that looks a bit out of place in my little tank ;)

Nice new additions - how's that I5 working for you?

It's a bit early to tell if the corals like it better, but it sure looks a lot nicer. The white LEDs are much more of a cool white than the I4. The fixture also runs cooler and has better optics. The blue display is quite a bit nicer than the green as well.

Time will tell.

Your acro's aren't happy? Its cool if you need to wait, I have a huuuuge peice of it that looks a bit out of place in my little tank ;)

lol ok well as soon as I am ready I will take some off your hands.

let's see if evil come by and request some pics of the lamp over your tank.... :lol:

I promise I will post some soon - possibly tonight, but it will be a moonlight shot cause the daylights will be off when I get home from work.

Ok, so here are some shots of the I5 over my tank. Sorry but I didn't bother to whip out the tripod or use manual settings for this batch. I will care more about photos when my tank is looking the way I'd like it to ;)

My room is a mess:

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

And some corals:

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

(my new zoas which I added up to the earlier post as well)

IMG_0363.jpg

It looks really good TJ! That new Solaris looks 10x better and the old one looked pretty good.

My final bulkhead shows up tomorrow and then I can silicone in the overflow I made. I have 2 of the three bulkheads in and plumbed. The third bulkhead is just the return and I have all the parts needed. Hopefully I will have some pics for you to check it out.

BTW how is the orange plate doing? It doesn't look so hot around the edges in the above pic.

The plate is awesome. It was just closed up in the pic cause I literally had just put it in the tank.

I was talking about the white skeleton on the edges that you can see.

My LFS had one of those orange plates for $60. It sat in the store for probably 3 months before it sold. I would have taken it home if I had the room. My nano cube is stacked full right now. The 40 can't be ready soon enough!

I was talking about the white skeleton on the edges that you can see.

My LFS had one of those orange plates for $60. It sat in the store for probably 3 months before it sold. I would have taken it home if I had the room. My nano cube is stacked full right now. The 40 can't be ready soon enough!

There is actually flesh there, no skeleton poking through. You can't see anything when it's open cause the pale flesh faces downwards.

I've always been intrigued with fungias, since a lot that die start popping off babies like made. Too bad my tank is only big enough for one cool biggish showcase coral, i'll probably get a scoly.

I've always been intrigued with fungias, since a lot that die start popping off babies like made. Too bad my tank is only big enough for one cool biggish showcase coral, i'll probably get a scoly.

Aussie Scolys are great - Certainly one of the corals I plan to have in the future. I think I am going to be a little bit more LPS addicted than I was previously. There are some fantastic colors to be had with LPS corals.

Some night shots after I fed a few of the LPS.

I regularly reed the Duncans, Plates, Donut, and chalices if they are accepting.

Here are post fed pics of some, and a shot of my one lone florida ric which just looks rad :P

So many mouths on this thing!

DunkenFed.jpg

Plates

PlateFed2.jpg

Red Chalice (it got bumped by the urchin and fell, so you see where it broke and is going to get fragged)

ChaliceRed.jpg

Florida Ric

FloridaRicNight.jpg

Close up of orange plate (See, no skeleton showing ;))

PlateFed.jpg

Holy ch!t that lamp looks beautiful over the tank! Corals looks amazing

Hahaha yeah it's pretty great.

I wish my video camera could capture night footage well. My clowns are humping the crap out of each other!

Hahaha yeah it's pretty great.

I wish my video camera could capture night footage well. My clowns are humping the crap out of each other!

:lol: Need one of those green night vision cameras... paris hilton video of the clown fish world...

Love the new light and that plate is super neon awesomeness!

TJ,

I got all the plumbing finished and the tank is running in the basement. I have a Quiet One 2200 on the tank as the return and the thing is TERRIBLE! This is the second QO pump I have had and neither one live up to their name. They are not quiet at all. How do you like the MJ pump? Is it silent?

I have had a hard time keeping the level in my overflow box consistent though. I have the return pump dialed back quite a bit so it is hard to match the drain and return so far. However the system is dead silent minus the return pump.

TJ,

I got all the plumbing finished and the tank is running in the basement. I have a Quiet One 2200 on the tank as the return and the thing is TERRIBLE! This is the second QO pump I have had and neither one live up to their name. They are not quiet at all. How do you like the MJ pump? Is it silent?

I have had a hard time keeping the level in my overflow box consistent though. I have the return pump dialed back quite a bit so it is hard to match the drain and return so far. However the system is dead silent minus the return pump.

I never had any issues at all with the QO pumps. I am actually surprised yours is so noisy. That aside, the MJ5500 I am running is very quiet and halls more balls than I expected. My only complaint is that it takes a few seconds to start up - after plugging it in, it just sits silent for 10 seconds or so, then the impeller finally kicks on and starts pumping.

The level in the box should only fluctuate max 1" at any given time. I usually set it so it is just under the auxiliary drain, and when it fluctuates it will dribble a bit into that drain. This way the box is always at its fullest to reduce noise.

Have any pictures of your setup?!

Take a few weeks off and look what I miss...tank looks AMAZING TJ!!

Can't wait to see where you take us with this one...if your past tanks are any indication, it's going to be a showstopper.

-Adam

NorthCoralNewB
Take a few weeks off and look what I miss...tank looks AMAZING TJ!!

Can't wait to see where you take us with this one...if your past tanks are any indication, it's going to be a showstopper.

-Adam

How are the frags doing? Need some PICS!

Archived