ReefCleaners.org

Where have the clams gone?

Rockfish

i've been looking online for either a T. Maxima or T. Crocea and it seems like no one has any and the ones that they do have are small and overpriced

anyone have any good reputable sites for clams they can point me to?

Or, does anyone just have a clam they done want?

clamsdirect just posted some new maximas today! However, before purchasing from them, you may want to read this thread first:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1591746

It appears some folks in a reef club in the St. Louis area did a group buy from clamsdirect and most of the clams came down with pinched mantle disease and died. Worse yet it also infected those who already had clams in their tanks. Some had these clams for quite some time. There is an on-going dispute with their "customer service"? Too bad because clamsdirect has some of the nicest maximas I've seen!

Whatever you do.... Stay away from them! I've read many negative things about them. When you put aqua and "con" together watch out!!

There have been a lot of people in my area that have new clams from ORA, and several of them had pinched mantle too. Same story, new clam from ORA, it infected a bunch of clams that they already had, all died off... ending up with no clams in the tank. :(

dsoz

There have been a lot of people in my area that have new clams from ORA, and several of them had pinched mantle too. Same story, new clam from ORA, it infected a bunch of clams that they already had, all died off... ending up with no clams in the tank. :(

dsoz

I think the difference is the clams from clamsdirect came directly from them. Whereas I would think the ORA clam probably came from an LFS, since ORA doesn't sell directly to the public. I would wonder if the PM came from the LFS tank?

So, would a standard 3 week quarantine be enough to observe for pinch mantle disease before you place a clam in your tank with all the others?

So, would a standard 3 week quarantine be enough to observe for pinch mantle disease before you place a clam in your tank with all the others?

I think that's what they're recommending, at least a 2 week QT.

I think the difference is the clams from clamsdirect came directly from them. Whereas I would think the ORA clam probably came from an LFS, since ORA doesn't sell directly to the public. I would wonder if the PM came from the LFS tank?

Sorry, I went back and read the thread again, and one of the guys was talking about getting it from clamsdirect. The other guy, I think, got his from a LFS.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10298

dsoz

Archived