inTank Media Baskets

Clam Recovery

coolwaters

well last year i went on vacation for 2 weeks. came back and the clam was kicking the bucket...

1/4th of it was getting eaten away by pods....the mantle part

did a water change and switched back to LED lights.

it started to heat itself after a few days. but even right now its not fully healed.

any tips of how to make it heal faster? or more completely?

supplements it needs promote the healing process?

should i start feeding phytoplankton?

Good overall water quality, a small amount of nitrates in there (I know thats a contradiction) as they benefit from that, a food source in the 5-50 nm size range, minimizing stress (clam closing up due to shadow etc) and good lighting is about all you can do...

Good overall water quality, a small amount of nitrates in there (I know thats a contradiction) as they benefit from that, a food source in the 5-50 nm size range, minimizing stress (clam closing up due to shadow etc) and good lighting is about all you can do...

I may be wrong, but i dont directly feed my clam anything except a fat dose of light... i use rod's food which says it feeds everything, but besides a once a week phyto. dose, i dont really feed mine... about 2 months ago my frogspawn got mauled by some crab (now dead) in my tank, the arm on the frogspawn went flying and stung the hell out of my clam, closed up for 3 weeks straight, i kept water quality up and didn't change a thing and it's back to normal now... keep the water quality up!

Depending on its size it may or may not "require" feeding but all clams do filter feed and can benefit from it. They make damn good nitrate removers for small levels of nitrate for example.

and +1 on the water quality.

im trying some DT phytoplankton and right now hes mouth is wide open when the lights are out. biggest iv ever seen it.

Archived