Coral Vue Hydros

BC8...fish jumped, new direction

ihatesears18

ihatesears18

Nice looking goby yah got there. :happy:

thanks! he's about to be 4. anyone know how long these guys live?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously the results are terrific, but I'm kind of digging the first pic. Better looking than most of my old planted tanks. :D

ihatesears18

Obviously the results are terrific, but I'm kind of digging the first pic. Better looking than most of my old planted tanks. :D

i liked the algae look too until it went sexual and turned the tank into a green cloudy mess :D

ihatesears18

Ok so don't crucify me...LFS practically gave this away yesterday. The guy's main tank is getting completely broken down due to a clavularia infestation. We'll see how it does

image_zpsfc48c581.jpg

Thanks for the compliment on my BTA! Your tank looks a lot like mine did about 8 months ago. I like how you have so many different levels, shelves, and caves in your rock work - I try to do the same. My fish and inverts really appreciate the maze... :)

ihatesears18

Thanks for the compliment on my BTA! Your tank looks a lot like mine did about 8 months ago. I like how you have so many different levels, shelves, and caves in your rock work - I try to do the same. My fish and inverts really appreciate the maze... :)

Thanks!

Soo...I built this:

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/ihatesears18/media/image_zpsaafa0f4d.jpg.html'>image_zpsaafa0f4d.jpg

It lets so much more light through than egg crate painted black. I'm gonna make one for my 40b as well but I'll need to buy a little more window screen frame.

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/ihatesears18/media/image_zps76177038.jpg.html'>image_zps76177038.jpg

ihatesears18

So the 24" T5 fixture that I thought wouldn't bug me, bugs me. I need a new light and I want you guys to help. I'm thinking:

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/ihatesears18/media/par38_zpsc4500ec6.png.html'>par38_zpsc4500ec6.png

vs

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/ihatesears18/media/fishneedit_zps61cea6a4.gif.html'>fishneedit_zps61cea6a4.gif

Full spectrum par38 vs Fishneedit 150w MH. With the bendable fixture and dimmer switch the LED and fishneedit are exactly the same price. Go!

ihatesears18

my fish jumped sometime in the last 24 hours. i went upstairs to top off and couldn't see him. I checked the floor and he was all dried up. I am so bummed out and pissed at myself. I have no idea how he got out but apparently the cover that I made didn't work.

ihatesears18

To cheer myself up i'm going to make this tank better than ever. Just ordered the full spectrum 14K coral compulsion par38 G2 with the following configuration:

2 Deep Blue 455nm

4 Neutral White 4500k

2 Cool Blue 470nm

2 True Violet 420nm

1 Deep Red 660nm

1 Cyan 495nm

I also got the bendable fixture and will pick up a dimmer locally. I'm going to find a way to run my aquaclear filter as a fuge. With this light I should be able to put pretty much anything in there. I'd like some encrusting SPS.

What kind of fish should I get? Catalina goby? Panda goby? Could I work more than one super small goby in here?

ihatesears18

I'm seriously considering picking up some lily pipes and adding a sump to this thing. I could pick up an IM Minimax and tiny skimmer and go full SPS. :scarry:

ihatesears18

So i'm talking to myself here but i've been thinking of pulling everything out, putting it into a bucket and hacking up the biocube. I could take off the rim, remove the false wall & drill it. If I break it, oh well, MrAqua rimless tanks are like $50. Somebody dare me to chop this thing up...

ihatesears18

Wife convinced me to keep the biocube in tact and get a mr aqua 12x12x12 cube. I'm thinking eshoppes nano overflow and lily pipe return.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived