Coral Vue Hydros

BC8...fish jumped, new direction

ihatesears18

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ihatesears18

I noticed today that I have a ton of tiny Spirorbis on the back wall of my tank :) These guys are pretty neat to watch and a welcome addition to my tank!

ihatesears18

BTW Anybody wanna trade some cool zoos/mushrooms/palys/ricordia for my Monti Cap? I realize now that there's now way this thing is gonna thrive under PCs. PM me if interested.

• 4 weeks later...
Orangutran

Emerald crab doing good in my bc8. It just keeps to itself and hiding most the time. Comes out at nite to eat the algae.

Btw how did you get your fan replaced? Called oceanic?

ihatesears18

I haven't replaced my fans yet. Both have gone out, so I just prop the lid open for ventilation. The tank is fallow (got ich) so I don't have to worry about jumpers.

• 3 weeks later...
ihatesears18

Ok so finally an update. Since my clown died and I can't add fish for about 6 more weeks I've added a few things. Nothing crazy just a few cheap frags that I've picked up around town. So here's an updated FTS and some close ups of my new inhabitants.

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01941.jpg

These are baby blue. Got the frag for $10

DSC01943.jpg

These are pink. See the paly with the double mouth?

DSC01945.jpg

Cool branch that I got for $20. It's covered in coralline and tunicates

DSC01946.jpg

Close up of zoas on branch

DSC01947.jpg

This piece has doubled

DSC01948.jpg

Mushrooms have gone crazy!

DSC01949.jpg

My red mushrooms

DSC01950.jpg

Neat looking palys, they have white specs on them and they are a nice purple with a bright green mouth.

DSC01951.jpg

My florida ricordia. It's just waking up.

DSC01952.jpg

An orange ricordia that has fallen into a crack and set it's foot down. It's doubled in size since I got it.

DSC01953.jpg

Top down shot (Crappy camera)

DSC01955.jpg

Paly with two mouths

DSC01957.jpg

Baby GSP and a harmless flatworm

Well there's the pics, hope you enjoy!

nanoreef11

Tank looks really good. I really like all of the frags you have added. How is the fuge working out for you?

ihatesears18

Thanks! The fuge is working out great, I'm running chemi-pure elite, purigen, and chaeto. My nitrates are at zero and I'll be getting a phosphate test soon. I can't wait to add a fish though, what's a fish tank without fish?

Oh and another thing, in the picture of the branch covered in zoas, there's a red thing that I can't identify. It looks like a tiny, bright-red spiked ball. I'm thinking maybe tiny star polyp? sponge?

ihatesears18
Haha just call it a coral tank. What kind of fish are you thinking about getting?

I love clowns so I think I might go with a black and white false perc.

nanoreef11
I love clowns so I think I might go with a black and white false perc.

Well good luck. Let us know when you get one. I bet your excited.

Jon

ihatesears18

I'm going to Europe in August so I'll probably order the fish the day I get back! I figure liveaquaria.com is about my best bet for quality.

I got a BC8 too!

Nice little tank you got there...are you running stock pumps? It didn't look like you have any additional flow in there either.

I would trade with ya, but I am in Ontario canada, kinda far...

ihatesears18
I got a BC8 too!

Nice little tank you got there...are you running stock pumps? It didn't look like you have any additional flow in there either.

I would trade with ya, but I am in Ontario canada, kinda far...

I've got a minijet 606 instead of the stock pump. I had a koralia nano in there but my mushrooms hated it so now it's used to mix salt!

TuRDBuRGLaR7o7
I've got a minijet 606 instead of the stock pump. I had a koralia nano in there but my mushrooms hated it so now it's used to mix salt!

showin some love for your BC8 it looks awesome i had an 8gal but i upgraded. don't you feel the need on wanting to upgrade? yeah the k-nano is too much for the 8 gal. you have an expensive salt mixer lol.

ihatesears18

I got the nano used for $10 so it's no biggie. Instead of upgrading I'm slowly buying equipment to start a 10gallon with my wife. It should be going by august!

• 4 months later...

Sooo I ditched the clown idea (IMO the BC8 is too small for a fully grown clown) and picked up a YWG and a Pistol shrimp today from my LFS. I'll post an updated FTS and some pics of the new goby!

So now for the updated pics. The YWG is very hard to photograph right now so the pic of him sucks. The pistol shrimp has taken up residence in the darkest part of the tank so a photo of him is impossible right now. Hopefully they'll find each other and I can get a decent picture soon.

First some growth shots:

Beginning

DSC01845.jpg

Middle

DSC01935.jpg

Now

DSC02254.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

DSC02256.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02264.jpg

Meet Starsky

DSC02265.jpg

Can anyone ID this nem in the middle of the pic?

DSC02266.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

That's all for now! Enjoy!

Archived