SaltCritters.com

Foo's Nano Wave 9

CL_

12 bucks for a jug? :o Good thing you got all that free. B)

cant wait for pics. :happydance:

Yeah, I know! :D I'm thinking about ordering that rock now, but I don't want to have to wait forever for it to get some life in it. Do you guys have any other recommendations for a place to get my rock from?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sea life inc, but shippings a PITA. DEFINITELY worth it though.

yeah, I checked shipping. It's like, a lot :mellow:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

!!!

Next step is the rock.

I know! I need to to find a place to get it. Maybe liveaquaria?

how about aloha-aquariums.com? its 1.99/LB for fiji LR and shippings cheap. i wonder if its legit...

hmm, sounds too good to be true?

Liveaquaria you know if you are not satisfied they will send another package. For aloha thats a really good deal.

Liveaquaria you know if you are not satisfied they will send another package. For aloha thats a really good deal.

I really like the "Fiji Fancy Branch Rock" from liveaquaria but they only have it in 24 lb packages, which after shipping is $170 :o

Yea its a lot but if you can find someone who will split it or a few people that will then its a good deal.

hey chris i could use what ever you have left over if you go with LA. just let me know how much it'll cost.

edit: scratch that my LFS charges $6/lb so it wouldnt be worth it :blush:

Yea its a lot but if you can find someone who will split it or a few people that will then its a good deal.

Yeah, I thought about that

hey chris i could use what ever you have left over if you go with LA. just let me know how much it'll cost.

edit: scratch that my LFS charges $6/lb so it wouldnt be worth it :blush:

doh :P

gulfsurfer101

I just bought the 30# box of premium south seas lr from these guys for 105.00 bucks shipped. I got it friday of last week and it went up like ten or fifteen bucks after I did so I got it in time with free shipping.

http://www.intmarinefish.com/liverock.html

This is one of the best deals I was able to find for good rock.

I just bought the 30# box of premium south seas lr from these guys for 105.00 bucks shipped. I got it friday of last week and it went up like ten or fifteen bucks after I did so I got it in time with free shipping.

http://www.intmarinefish.com/liverock.html

This is one of the best deals I was able to find for good rock.

Thanks for the link.It's too bad that they only sell it in 30 lb packages. I only need 15 pounds, but I was looking for figi anyway.

Nice water :) You excited, b/c you should get excited. :lol:

I bought my LR from liveaquara but after it cycled and died off it seemed a waste of money.

Id suggest this

http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?page=sho...t&Itemid=34

seed it w/ a little LR.

Yeah, I've got that bookmarked and I found a 25% off coupon online. The question is- how long will it take to "become alive" before I can start adding things? :D

Here is a moonlight shot for fun

DSC00470.jpg

As you can see, the far left led isn't as bright as the other two. Oh well. I may change it if I get the initiative to.

you moonlights so bright. my moonlights so weak :/

I tried to get an accurate pic of the brightness. They are just a little bit darker than that.

BTW, you have moonlights? I didn't know that. Get a pic!

haha its hard to get a pic of it with it on... i'll try later :P

BTW im pming you about splitting a reefcleaners rock package cause i need some more and i could send some LR along with it to seed yours

haha its hard to get a pic of it with it on... i'll try later :P

BTW im pming you about splitting a reefcleaners rock package cause i need some more and i could send some LR along with it to seed yours

should be fine. The more money spent, the more money 25% off is :D

NanoReefNovice
May i make a suggestion on rock....

Get this...

then seed it w/a few lbs of LR :D

I ordered all LR from live aquaria and it retrospect it seemed like waste of $ b/c after its was cycled pretty much everything was dead and bleached. <_<

Nice water :) You excited, b/c you should get excited. :lol:

I bought my LR from liveaquara but after it cycled and died off it seemed a waste of money.

Id suggest this

seed it w/ a little LR.

I just realized I stuttered. :lol:

The reefcleners rock looks nice and convoluted. Id buy much more than you think you need, so you have some more to play around with. Also let john at reeflceaners know what size tank it is going in so he will send you ones of the proper size. Seed it with a few pounds of LR, hopefully you can find a reefer near by. As far liveaqaria, the smallet package they sell is the nano pack. I was very satified with mine, nice looking rock. The other packages you will have break up a bit. The time it take to cycle is the time is takes to cycle, no sence rushing things here, but expect around two months, then when it takes less time you will plesenyly supprised.

Archived