SaltCritters.com

Foo's Nano Wave 9

CL_

No pics, no proof. :D

^ ohhhh!. Yea i wanna see. :) Sea hares are really cool but seem to always get stuck up in equipment and die eventually

I think it went into the back chambers. :(

IDK where the snail went either. I was taking pictures, and the rock on the far left shot some cloud out. I forgot what animal does this.

DSC00522.jpg

I'm sure yall know how hard it is to get the white balance correct, but is this red/ purplish thing some kind of macro algae?:

DSC00524.jpg

It's kind of hard to see, but its the out of focus circle thing. It's right red in real life

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yay rocks !!! omgomgomg

lol, pathetic rocks. I was sooo tired of looking at a bare tank. They are almost 100% covered in coralline though. The guy at the lfs even gave me about a 3 square inch chip of coralline off of the bottom of one of their barebottom tanks. idk if it will help, but it seems like it will :D

I got a pic of the sea hare. See if you can find it.

DSC00525.jpg

nice build so far! wheres the sea hare at btw? gimme a hint :D

on the rock ;)

me too ;)

I got the rubble you sent today. Pretty good for priority. Mailed on Monday, rec'd Wednesday. Oh, thanks btw

So, I got more rocks, but not THE rocks. :(

Maybe tomorrow.

I got my two used koralia nanos today. I had the guy wrap them in wet newspaper to keep the coralline alive. I put them in and a little starfish came out of one! :haha: I think it is still alive too.

But I still didn't get my rocks <_<

maybe later ;)

How long do you think it will take to seed this dead rock? 6 months? Longer? :huh:

get a pound of unseasoned shrimp from your LMM (local meat market) and dump it all in there. i give it 20 minutes and your ready for fish ;)

get a pound of unseasoned shrimp from your LMM (local meat market) and dump it all in there. i give it 20 minutes and your ready for fish ;)

say whaa?

i keed. but it shouldnt take that long if you already have some LR in there, a month tops.

ok, that's what I thought. The lfs got some new rock and I went to get more rubble (again :P) and I told the guy how I was going to use it to seed my live rock and mentioned coralline and he pulled the usual lfs ignorance out of his but and said that you don't need coralline to get coralline started growing in your tank and that it was just calcium. I told him he was wrong, it's algae, it can't just spontaneously appear, and he said that it takes like 5-8 years to turn dead rock into live rock. I was like :slap:

NanoReefNovice
ok, that's what I thought. The lfs got some new rock and I went to get more rubble (again :P ) and I told the guy how I was going to use it to seed my live rock and mentioned coralline and he pulled the usual lfs ignorance out of his but and said that you don't need coralline to get coralline started growing in your tank and that it was just calcium. I told him he was wrong, it's algae, it can't just spontaneously appear, and he said that it takes like 5-8 years to turn dead rock into live rock. I was like :slap:

HAHAHAHA.... LFS kill me every time :lol:

Lemme sell you some really really wet water. :mellow:

and your car is low on blinker fuid... $59.99 to top that off?

I think im going to test out all LFSs i visit for the first time w/ a really dumb question and see how they handle it. ;)

No, pictures, sooner! ;)

Whoa! You're over here? Do you have a reef? Whaaa?

HAHAHAHA.... LFS kill me every time :lol:

Lemme sell you some really really wet water. :mellow:

and your car is low on blinker fuid... $59.99 to top that off?

I think im going to test out all LFSs i visit for the first time w/ a really dumb question and see how they handle it. ;)

lol
Whoa! You're over here? Do you have a reef? Whaaa?

I have a 5.5g with ac70 fuge in progress. :) It's almost at the same stage as yours, I just got rock the other day.

Archived