ReefCleaners.org

Ryan's Solana

ryanmilo

Thanks d'espresso! It took me a few times to get it how I wanted it, I did get a new midas blenny, and lots more corals. I am also looking into getting a clown and anenome soon. I did get some gootchers, nuclear greens, a decent sized candy cane, fire and ice, and some other cool frags. I am trading now with my local reef club and getting rid of a lot of my common stuff. I am picking up some armor of gods, blue marshmellow and whatever my wallet holds Sunday. Huge difference in tank appearance, will post some pics on Sunday! Oh also a clam for my birthday July 26th, my tank should be well seasoned then! :bling::bling::bling::bling::bling::bling::bling:

PICHERS BRO!!! omgomgomg

'Grats on the new stuff Ryan! :happydance:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today I came home and my FAVE fish was dry on the tile. RIP little guy. :tears::tears::tears:

those blue midas's look good...u should get another one...if i ever lose my golden one i will get the blue next...4 sho'...

Yah they are sweet and have a ton of personality.. I did get a golden, he cool, but he does not have 1/2 the personality my african did.

Yah they are sweet and have a ton of personality.. I did get a golden, he cool, but he does not have 1/2 the personality my african did.

yeah i know wat'cha mean...my golden is an african also kinda a goldish orangish color...he is really crazy...

Okay so I put in my new Phoenix 14K bulb today, what a difference! Got a FREE GBTA, candy cane for 10 bucks, Cherry bombs, Armor of god, and blue marshmellows. Tanks doing great, new midas blenny likes his new home, sarting to frag and trade alot of my stuff now. Thanks for looking!

Wow, great stuff you have there. maybe one day when it grows out. we can trade out frags. i like that blue marshmallow and green nukes. give me some more time to get the pictures taken it right. i am trying to adjust the white balance because everytime i take a picture, it is to bright! oh well, What you dosing in your tank and how many time do you do a water change. i am starting to have brown algae on the bottom surface but my snails is doing some major work tonight. :) thanks for the updates you have here. i enjoyed your pictures and the tank progress. great job bro.

Okay so I put in my new Phoenix 14K bulb today, what a difference! Got a FREE GBTA, candy cane for 10 bucks, Cherry bombs, Armor of god, and blue marshmellows. Tanks doing great, new midas blenny likes his new home, sarting to frag and trade alot of my stuff now. Thanks for looking!

Ryan has the GBTA moved since you put it in the tank???

What chemicals are you placing in chambers (Chemipure, phosban, etc)???

Hey I dont dose at all. I use the DDH20 Ocean pro salt that keeps up my calc and mag. I do water changes EVERY week though. The GBTA has not moved, I read that they like a small protective crevice to protect thier foot so I put him in a large crater in the rock and fed him immediately, he stayed and is happy, I placed him there purposely so it would stay in front. I think I got lucky with it, but I did read on thier behavior and learned from others mistakes. I will get a clam soon!!!

Also I do use Chemipure Elite in the rear. Need to change it now though lol

• 3 months later...

Howdy stranger! -_-

Everything is looking great bro! I have a TS and Six line as well... Love the both of 'em!!! Great choices Ryan.

B)

Magnets are in the back but are touching water. I thought they are covered. Is there a defect or anything? Please let me know. TYIA

SpankythePyro

Well I've only heard of one experience where the guy's magnet was leeching metal cations into his aquarium. I realize they are covered and they probably use the same magnet for the inside portion as well. I would not worry unless there is a knick in the surface coating of the outside magnet.

• 3 months later...

Been a little while since I have updated, been busy :o , No major issues, doing weekly water changes, still using DD H20 salt and my levels are great. My stock skimmer finaly took a crap and I ordered the saphire solana unit. I did add a pair of B&W Clowns and thats it in about 4 months... Here is some picks, light was not on I used a flash.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

It has been 9 more months since I have updated, been super busy. Have not added anything to the tank. Kept up weekly water changes. Skimmer broke, have not been using one. Everything is doing well, have split some of my corals to make room. Birdsnest I have to thin out big time....

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Was in Aruba few weeks ago and my last day a hurricane blew in some barnacles. It was right before I left for the airport and I put them in a water bottle in my luggage. Got thru customs and put them in my tank, I also tested my water vs. the water I had collected and it had matched perfectly. Its been over 2 years now, I have not ran a skimmer for over a year and the tank is so perfect. Weekly water changes are so easy. I barely have to clean the glass. Here is a pic of the Barnacles. They are eating small particles of rods and also coral frenzy and they love it, they stretch their little necks to get more.

Archived