Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ryan's Solana

ryanmilo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! Levels are doing great. I have a small spike in phosphote that I am currently tackling. Ca is at 400 right before water change and 440 after still not dosing anything. Lots of coraline growth and tons of new critters appearing, brittle stars, different kinds of pods, aptasia :angry: , some macro growth so I got an emrald. My zoas are getting huge and overall the tank seems to be doing great. Havent been checking my parameters like I was in the begining. Seems like its running its own. I pulled back on feeding my fish and caught my wrasse with a juicy pod today. :) . I am getting 2 pom pom crabs tomorrow that I ordered thru my LFS. I think I will only add prime corals from now on now that I know they should do well. Pics of pom poms tomorrow! :happydance:

Hi everyone. My pom pom crabs came in but one of them did not have any pom poms :o So after I put them both in they basically hid and this morning to my surpirise the one guy shared his pom poms! I wish I could get some pics, right now they are chillen in the rocks. Way cool addition! Pics when I can get them out into the open. On another note my blenny has been mimicking my wrasse and picking off the rocks. Its kinda funny cause he is actually chomping at nothing! Phosphates are getting under control everything else doing well. Pics as soon as I can.

Alright my taxes are all paid off and its time to start having some fun. Purchased a huge blasto frag with about 10-15 heads, some frogspawn, blue ricordia, bright red acan, blue paly, a super bright green mushroom, and some blue mushrooms. Still have the two fish, emrald, and 2 pom pom crabs that shared thier pom poms :D ! Phosphates are at zero this morning, did a water change last night and everything is looking good. Enjoy!

[att

achment=57193:fishtank405_015.jpg][attachme

nt=57195:fishtank405_014.jpg]

Thanks! B) Now if I can get my pom poms out from the depths! This hobby is so addicting, if I get an extra few dollas Im off to the fish store! I always check my local reef club here on line and check for new corals at my LFS. Helps keep temptation away when I know what I want when I go there. From now on I only want a few choice pieces(mostly SPS), a clam, anenome and 2 onyx clowns. Its amazing to see these things grow as fast as they do!

TriggerHappyDude
Thanks! B) Now if I can get my pom poms out from the depths! This hobby is so addicting, if I get an extra few dollas Im off to the fish store! I always check my local reef club here on line and check for new corals at my LFS. Helps keep temptation away when I know what I want when I go there. From now on I only want a few choice pieces(mostly SPS), a clam, anenome and 2 onyx clowns. Its amazing to see these things grow as fast as they do!

Well, just keep doing what you're doing, its looking good, don't over stock, keep up the hard work, you are doing well with it.

Being totaly careful on stocking. When I had the tank set up for the first few weeks I was testing like almost everyday, sometimes twice on PH and Nitrates. Now I do weekly tests, mid week on PH, test salinity twice a week also. The thing is actually running itself. Did have a spike in phosphates and had to hold back on my feeding. Great hobby with tons to learn.....Knowing what does not work is just as important as finding out what does work...

Some pics today...

Full Paly

My Fave Zoas, dont know the name but they are brown with orangish red, and a tan center. Reminds me of a napoleon

Blue Paly, I think its a paly, sold to me as a paly. Looks like my carib zoa though

I came home for lunch today and noticed my my head cheerleader out for the very first time. I had to try and snap a few photos. Sorry they suck I will get better ones once they get used to me. Also one of my well behaved hermits, I am sure accidently, knocked over my new zoa frag I just got back behind my rocks. I did get it out but had to skip out on lunch. BAD HERMITS!!

Good Guys>>>

As you wish.. Hey is that the camera I should get? The one in your avatar? LMK TY

Also excuse the mess, just got some frag glue and will get my scape done this weekend...

TriggerHappyDude

Ahhh, you can get this camera in my avatar, its a Canon 5D Mark II, but its not easy on the wallet.

It takes amazing pictures and does HD video. The camera body alone is $2700...so not sure thats your budget, if you want to tell me how much you want to spend on a camera, I can suggest some...LMK.

Nice full tank shots though...thanks! You are well on your way sir...so tell us your weekly/daily routines with the tank...water changes, water tests, ato, etc...

Well I am not a photographer but I like a lot of the macro pics I see, is thier a camera around 500 that is good? For weekly maintenence I just change my water every Saturday night, test PH maybe twice a week, Ca I do maybe every 2 weeks, its floating around 400 with the new additions, havent tested for ammonia, nitrates, or nitrites in a while, been watching my feeding closely now. I added th Tsunami ATO, my LFS suggested it and it actually works very well, my saline has not budged since, it does fluctuate in the rear chamber an inch or so before turning on but no effect on levels. It seemed like a lot of evaporation between turning on and off but in reality since the chamber is so small it has no effect on the saline level. I think the only thing I need now would be either a RKE or the Vortech pump like you have. Things have been going well though. I did have one mishap with my emerald having lunch on an expensive frogspawn, whadda ya gonna do? Been attaching my corals to my live rock and organizing my tank before I go out of town, dont want falling corals on the sand when I get back!

Thanks glad you like it. Although I hardly see them out I can notice growth of thier pom poms now plus one has moulted already :)

nice tank, your corals are going to be so much happier in a settled place. and im there with you about emerald crabs. mine picked off 3 ppe from a plug the other night.

Archived