man i want one of those.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cirrhipathes spiralis AKA black coral/spiral coral/wire coral

Picture043-2.jpg

Picture041.jpg

just a fraged a little thin a dull in color

How long have you had that one? I always thought they were just gorgonians the farms had glued to wires, didn't know that's how they grew. I take it that it's not photosynthetic?

• 2 months later...
Fungia_Factory.JPG

My Baby Fungia Farm. 56 Heads. I don't have many things in my nano, but this is one of my favorites!

wow that is amazing i have never seen anything quite like it. they look like mushrooms.

holey bleep weeber's posting. good ta see your still around.

sorry no cool pic. but made you look.

wow that is amazing i have never seen anything quite like it. they look like mushrooms.

I had a Plate coral that was given to me for free since it was half dead, and it eventually died, but the tissue never completely disappeared so I left it in the back of the reef of my 55gal. After about 12 months I needed to rearrange the rock, and found this. I immediately moved it to my LED BC14, and it has tripled in size. I counted the heads (babies), and there are (56) of them...they drop off when they get to be about the size of a dime when inflated. They eat Mysis and Cyclopeeze, and an occasional Spectrum Pellet.

those albino hornets are sweet moto

reef monster i have heard that plate corals reproduce by dying and then little babies start growing on the skeleton and this only proves that point more.

chucktdbm321

i use to have a big frag of those "albino hornets" but they got hit hard with zoapox and the furan didn't help them out any so they just withered away. I got them from this huge colony though they looked awesome as a colony. Must've been over 400 polyps or so

• 2 weeks later...

Archived