ReefCleaners.org

Biorb Life 60 Marine

waterat4

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know it wont be streamlined and all, bu are you considering making an acrylic housing for those schweet led

Yeah if I can get my hands on some Black acrylic im going to make something to hide the heat sinks, it might just be a black acrylic half round to cover the front and leave the back open for maximum ventilation, those heat sinks get very hot! im not wanting to use a fan if I can help it.

Its up date time, more mods to the LEDs, trying to squeeze a few more lumens out of the set up now I have some SPS in the tank.

Basically I needed got get more light into the tank but it seemed my earlier set up had over heated the led's so Ive changed the LED arrangement and added a couple more heat sinks.

DSC00278.jpg

First I removed the black acrylic insert from the clear lid, did this slow and carefully so it can always go back together if I ever sell the tank.

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

One heat sink per 600lm LED this runs much cooler and isnt scorching the dice in the led's any more.

DSC00279.jpg

wired!

DSC00283.jpg

FTS - More output, less heating, better

DSC00288.jpg

Monti - Without flash

DSC00289.jpg

Monti - With flash

DSC00284.jpg

Pavona! sweet

Well that all for now let me know what you think and a big thanks to Huw for the frags!!!

cheers

Coming for you Lalani that is a propper compliment, thats made my night!! ;)

Alicia, the hard work is still on going!! I wasn't happy with the blue LED's so I've decided to mount them on their own heat sink at the rear of the 4 main ones want to get a more even spread, im sure that if I had followed other peoples designs it would of been much easier and with less steps but im enjoying learning and its becoming quiet a unique design each step is making it more refined!

I've run the new setup all day now and no sighs of scorching on the dice of the newer LED's so when I get a couple more 600lm LED's from ebay, I will change out the two that are now slightly dimer than the newer two!

More light is good!!!

Bit of an update!

FTS

DSC00293.jpg

New Hitchhiker I found

DSC00298.jpg

My New Acro

DSC00296.jpg

Hope you like!

I knew you would say that! lol been trying to avoid having any was trying really hard to keep it all sps but........ since the hitchhiker was found Ive got one anyway so why stop at one!!!

Cheers for the shout MEW........by the way whats an UBER WIN??

Hi Jamo, im sure you have a lot more stores around you than I have around me, I usually go to clear water aquatics in leicester but their fish have REALLY gone down hill, the corals and inverts are still good though!

for the fish I usually go to one of the maidenhead aquatics outlets, they are little pricey but there stock is always good and Ive never had a fish from there that had died from anything other than natural causes!

Where are you buying from recently, at the minute ebay is my bestest friend for corals!

Hi all,

here is a quick update, im sorry to say that we lost the fight with the pinch belly of the clown goby, RIP scamp, got a couple more corals will tanks some more pics this weekend got to pick up a pep shrimp and another coral but just wanted to share the new find of another hitchhiker!!

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00307-1.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

any ideas of an ID?

hope you all like!

The place I got him from used to be very good when I was working in the LFS business but its supplies of fish have really dropped off they used to get all their stock hand picked from TMC in london, I think they import it themselves with little or no quarantine but its still one of the best places around for corals.

Cheers for the ID Lalani, hopefully I will have some more pics over the weekend

Cheers :happy:

mr.gaboozlebag
by the way whats an UBER WIN??

A very cool success. Uber= cool or sometimes really.

nice tank. I like the tower in the middle. You should get an uber tall gorgonian.

Im already on it, there is one now growing in the slacker water at the back of the tank, I will have to get some more pics over the weekend to show you, it got a bit pissed off when he first went in lost a bit of flesh from some of the tips on the branches but they have fleshed over again now and the polyps are extending fully and even my untrained eye can see some growth already.

BLoCkCliMbeR
Yeah if I can get my hands on some Black acrylic im going to make something to hide the heat sinks, it might just be a black acrylic half round to cover the front and leave the back open for maximum ventilation, those heat sinks get very hot! im not wanting to use a fan if I can help it.

i would have cut a bigger hole in the top.......i wouldnt have put anything inside like that near the water.....

just for BLoCkCliMbeR

DSC00278.jpg

Cheers Maeda, got some good pics to post tomorrow loads more corals and the new mini nem!!!!

tanks a bit cloudy at the minute, did a small water change and additive addition.

Latest Update for everyone!

DSC00317.jpg

Merulina Coral

DSC00318.jpg

Turbinaria sp.

DSC00315.jpg

New Acro

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

Mini Nem!!!!

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00322.jpg