SaltCritters.com

Nanobud's JBJ 28 gallon Nanocube HQI

Nanobuds

I had a mantis in the wee beginnings of my tank, which I believe was a Neogonodactylus wennerae

since he could kinda change colors. They are very intelligent and will notice you, plus they look quite fantastic. I just fed him little pieces of shrimp from the supermarket on a skewer.

yah they are so cool... i may look into a peacock, however they do get big for a 10 gallon...

You will never guess :P

omgomgomg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omgomgomg PICHURES omgomgomg

i tore down my pico and moved most of the corals into the nano. However, my mom caught the fish bug and she set up the pico as her own, and i gave her some corals i didnt want. i just kept some zoanthids, xenia, and shrooms.

xenia

DSC_0542-1.jpg

GSP

CSC_0540.jpg

My green leather has grown like crazy the past month

DSC_0548-1.jpg

My first attempts of top-down shots!!

Zoas

DSC_0545-1.jpg

My zoas from my pico! (the orange ones and the purple deaths)

DSC_0543-1.jpg

GSP

DSC_0546.jpg

Clowns in my new hammer :D

DSC_0544-1.jpg

FTS

DSC_0549-1.jpg

hehe my old cleaner shrimp did... he was almost 5 inches long and 4 years old :o

i ahd him since the beginnings of the eclipse... but he died over the summer lol

okay guys... im uploading a video of the tank as we speak... its a crappy video because i was just messing with the camera. im currently working on a better video :D

thanks man!

im gonna get rid of the female scooter... shes still eating froze, but not enough to make her fat and healthy...

and a jawfish is gonna replace her :D

Very nice. Your scooters look nice and healthy. Have not read all of this thread so sorry it these question have been asked before. What is the jar at the bottom of the tank for? Do you have a refugium on this tank or is there a lot of pod production just in the display or do the scoots eat frozen?

Awesome vid! What are you feeding everything? Now I feel like I underfeed lol. I spot feed each LPS head in my tank individually but I see you just squirt a bunch of food over the colony and they eat what they can. Maybe I'm just more anal lol. Yours looks like a smorgasbord of yummy goodness all over the place :happy: .

Great video.

Awesome tank.

Thanks!

Very nice. Your scooters look nice and healthy. Have not read all of this thread so sorry it these question have been asked before. What is the jar at the bottom of the tank for? Do you have a refugium on this tank or is there a lot of pod production just in the display or do the scoots eat frozen?

Jar is a place for the scooter blennies to get food, i put some food in there and it last them all day, i replenish the food every other day.

i dont have a fuge, but i have some chaeto and rock rubble in the back chambers. Most of my pods live in the back, and there are very few in the display.

and yes my scooter blennies eat frozen food.

Awesome vid! What are you feeding everything? Now I feel like I underfeed lol. I spot feed each LPS head in my tank individually but I see you just squirt a bunch of food over the colony and they eat what they can. Maybe I'm just more anal lol. Yours looks like a smorgasbord of yummy goodness all over the place :happy: .

lol, i feed them brine and bloodworms, i only feed my LPS once a week, so i dont usually feed as much shown in the video. fish get fed every other day, alternating with brine and bloodworms

And yes i just kinda squirt it everywhere lol :P

So Ryan the Scooter Blennie King, what would you recommend to get scooters to start eating? Bloodworms or Brine or even mysis? I almost bought one but the I was like nah, I don't wanna risk it -_-

So Ryan the Scooter Blennie King, what would you recommend to get scooters to start eating? Bloodworms or Brine or even mysis? I almost bought one but the I was like nah, I don't wanna risk it -_-

lol thanks for the title :P

My scooters took bloodworms and brine right from the start, but it took a while for them to try mysis.

Well for the past few weeks the female scooter stopped eating as much as she usually does... but today i got some garlic guard, and now she has a fat belly for the first time since december!!

so i also reccomend gettin some garlic for the scooter, if you get one

Archived