Cultivated Reef

Another source for 70W Ushio MH DE bulb

lilbit

some people here say that they are crap, I was reluctant to get one but my budget only alowed me to buy this bulb (being a college student and all). So I went ahead and ordered the bulb, it came in a huge box very well packed, it fired up first time and has not crapped out on me yet in the month that it has been running. I will probably buy another one, this time 20k though, the 10k is a little too yellow for my taste because I don't have any atinic sup.

my .02:P

SO I would need the bulb, ballst, and a socket for this correct? Would I need a "splash shield" on my hood? I have a glass top on the tank now, and my 28W 50/50 will go to a 03 Actnic if I get this. I'd like one of those bulbs if this is the case.

Sonic,

Keep us posted about how your bulb does over the next few months. My 50/50 PC by Catalina that came from PSL fizzled out within a month. They did not replace it for me although their sales person promised me to do so a few times. I am very reluctant to try a Catalina bulb because of this experience.

lilbit

Wow, that's so inexpensive. I heard that there is not much profit margin on Ushio bulbs to start with. I wonder how they can do that, too. If they do sell a 70W Ushio at that price, I will consider buying the next one from them.

Tomoko

they will do great, I have kept clams under PCs so this MH setup would be better, shouldn't have any problems with sps either, since these tanks are so small most everything will be inches from the bulb, and it comes out to be 10w+/gallon!

Archived