Cultivated Reef

Another source for 70W Ushio MH DE bulb

lilbit

Island Aquatics is selling 70W Ushio MH DE bulbs for $68.75 ea. It's a bit cheaper than Hello lights. It's not listed on their website yet, but you can e-mail them at Joe@IslandAquatics.com to get them. Joe says that he can give us a better price if enough of us are ordering. Tell him that you found this on nano-reef.com.

I am not associated with Island Aquatics in any way. I just found out that he is willing to offer the bulb a bit cheaper than others.

Tomoko

Sounds like there are about 5 of us wanting 6 bulbs in total so far. I suppose it's worth talking with Joe at Island Aquatics and see what he says about Group buy.

lilbit

Very good. Shall I email him?? Or will you. Like I said, if the price is right, I might want 40, just to have replacements fort hem, when I need em, ya know??

DvS

I think you should go ahead and email him. I bet he will come down on the price with an order like that. It seems to me that the rest of us will be tagging along on your order.

lilbit

I went ahead and emailed Joe at Island Aquatics. This is what he wrote back:

--------

I guess I can charge $65 per lamp since we are looking at buying 6 lamps.

I would also like to work with you guys from the nano-reef club on discounts across the board on all products (even ones that are not on my site - i can get just about anything).

Let me know how I can move forward with this.

As far as ordering goes, you can just have each member email me and advise they are from nano-reef.

Have them include what they want in their order and provide their address.

I will email them with an invoice and they can simply shoot over the money via paypal (I have a business account so they can pay by credit card or other means via paypal).

Any questions? Let me know.

------------

Like this price better, guys? Is there more people out there who want to join in the group buy? The more number we have, the better for us.

lilbit

Okay, who want's the bulb and how many?

Let's get a better picture of how many bulbs we are ordering collectively from this forum. Then we can renegotiate any further discount if the order is high enough. He quoted $65 for each bulb with the purchase of six. So far I counted at least 8 bulbs including someone who pm'd me. He might drop the price further if we are ordering 12 bulbs or more.... Once we determine the final price, we can send our individual order directly to Island Aquatics by email as they requested in their response to my aforementioned inquiry on the group buy discount (see my previous message.)

lilbit

lilbit,

I might be interested in one. I will know Monday. Will Joe be sending these individually to us or one location then we send out? Also, I am setting up a pendant like Liquid with the same ballast and everything. This is the correct bulb, right? I know his is a 10k Ushio 70W with double ends. I will let you know if I can get the ballast early next week and then I will need the bulb. Thanks.

Yes, Joe will be sending bulbs individually to each person. I understand that Ushio bulb fits right into a Regent fixture. I am waiting on a ballast and a bulb to arrive right now myself.

lilbit

Hi y'all,

I went ahead and ordered one bulb from Island Aquatics. ($65 per bulb)

If you want to have the bulb at this price, go ahead and place your order directly to Island Aquatics. Be sure to mention that you belong to nano-reef.com to take advantage of the group buy price of $65/bulb.

lilbit

Good to know that someone else is taking the advantage of the group buy. Joe at Island Aquatics is wondering why the group buy is not taking off. I told Joe that a few people are definitely interested in the group buy. Did I jump the gun? I hope enough of us participate in this deal before it goes away due to the lack of interest on our part.

lilbit

I'm still waiting on my ballast, to make sure I get them, b4 I go ahead and order, I am defintiely interested, just dont wanna jump the gun myself, ya know.... I wouldnt have anything to do w/ 70 HQI bulbs, if I dont get the ballast.

DvSKiN,

I am also waiting for my ballast. I hope that they both get here soon. If something happens and I do not get my ballast, I guess I will have a bulb for sale ;) . Where is your ballast coming from. I got mine off of ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

lilbit,

Yup, Got it fired up and it looks great! My tank is only 2 weeks old and I am hoping that it stabilizes soon so I can stock it. There is a Frag Swap on Nov 8th in Dallas and I am itching to go Frag crazy B) . I know, before I get flamed, that I have to take it easy. :) .

Archived