ReefCleaners.org

How Many People Here Support Purple Up?

2xgrandchampion

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Propagator

Then hug it, and squeeze it, and name it George yall' !

:P

You read all over Nano-Reef how you should take your time setting up your tank but then everybody rushes in to have the tank completely stocked and looking like a 3 year old reef tank. What about the joy of taking things slow and watching how your tank changes over time? As you watch your tank grow you gain knowledge and experience. You then can pass on your knowledge to others.

Noob - "How did you get your tank to look like that? Was it a lot of work ?"

Reefer - "No it was no work at all. I just poured a bunch of stuff in my tank and it looks like I know what I am doing."

Noob - :o

Meanwhile 2-4 months later the whole tank crashes due to the reefer having no knowledge.

We need to learn how to enjoy the hobby and not be so competitive. The joy of reefing is a labor of love not labor of chemicals.

I would Have to Say i Completly Support this view point .Now io have been guilty of adding some chemicalx but to be honest i am seeing better results with out than with. As for purple up i have no vailid use as i already add calcium to my tank . and some iodine for the Shrimp to aid shedding other than that water changes are the best way for my systems to get renewed in what is needed in the tank .

• 10 months later...

I tried it. I don't like it, it left "dust" all over my LR and I haven't really seen it do diddily squat. I used it often when we were starting our tank but I never noticed it helping. I think a mag level around 1350 and a calcium level around 440 will do way more for your coralline growth than anything else will. Ever since I balanced our tank with those levels things have really taken off.

Archived