Coral Vue Hydros

How Many People Here Support Purple Up?

2xgrandchampion

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Izzue: From a quick scan of your posts in this page, I don't see how you can give advice on people skills. I don't say things like "GFY" or "I'm done with your azzz" because I'm trying to explain the usefulness/uselessness of PurpleUp. This means investigating the claims of PurpleUp. I used articles (written by an actual chemist) for my argument because I'm not a professional scientist. I don't understand how you can call me a smart ass when you're using anecdotal evidence that the PurpleUp is helping.

mim37204: you correct about how calcium precipitates if it forms an insoluble compound. But calcium and carbonate ions to precipitating on the rocks/sand is bad because they need to precipitate (with some type of regulation) on/in the coral/coralline algae's skeletons. Check out the first link in my previous post for more info. Yes Ca2+ is "bio-active" for many organisms (there isn't another type of calcium cation). This is a good article on calcium and alkalinity, including the influences on the solubility of calcium carbonate:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-06/rhf/index.php

If the question is do I support Purple up I dont, just because I feel with calc and alk kept up with kalk / dosing no need to spend extra money on purple up. They something else going on up there /\ :P

Izzue: From a quick scan of your posts in this page, I don't see how you can give advice on people skills. I don't say things like "GFY" or "I'm done with your azzz" because I'm trying to explain the usefulness/uselessness of PurpleUp. This means investigating the claims of PurpleUp. I used articles (written by an actual chemist) for my argument because I'm not a professional scientist. I don't understand how you can call me a smart ass when you're using anecdotal evidence that the PurpleUp is helping.

GFY...extremely inocent phrase for GO FRAG YOURSELF...

You sir Need to lighten up.

Azzzzz is a nice way of saying...Chill out.

Sorry if you now have been offended in anyway.

You are just tyring a little to hard.

Good luck in life as I explained earlier ...LOL

Purple UP...if you bought it...throw it in the trash...or use it maybe once a week or

once every 2 weeks.

See if you dont notice a nice stimulation of your corals and inverts.

Purple UP...dont buy it cause other people say it sucks and you have no

reason to try the product that has no benefit what so ever by any reefer that

has or does actually use the product....DONE

Izzue

my calcium is at 580 NATURALLY... I say, use Coralife salt, RO/DI water and let nature take its course... I have a 1 mo. old tank that has purple growing all over the rock... My 2 cents!!!

580 naturally yikes.

Nothing is dying(except my diamond sand sifter goby that my GBA ate) and purple springing up all over... Xenia has never looked better, Zoa's never more colorful... So whats the problem???? It IS high, I know, but people dumping in calcium by the bottle(PURPLEUP) should want high calcium... I cannot complain, and my fish/corals/inverts are more than happy....

So whats YIKES???

Nothing is dying(except my diamond sand sifter goby that my GBA ate) and purple springing up all over... Xenia has never looked better, Zoa's never more colorful... So whats the problem???? It IS high, I know, but people dumping in calcium by the bottle(PURPLEUP) should want high calcium... I cannot complain, and my fish/corals/inverts are more than happy....

So whats YIKES???

that your calcium is super high? I wouldnt be surprised if your alk/magnesium level was low and/or your salinity is on the high side. If using salifert, that's over 1ml of the base solution for your titration. Im glad your tank is doing well but I couldn't keep my calcium that high and consistent with just salt mix alone. My sps would prolly croak

edit: it's been a while since I've done the calculations but isnt that close to saturation for calcium?

My alk is low bro... Thats what reef builder is good for, bring my alk/ph up which was both low.. Not to my doing, just my kits are being inaccurate(and they are API).. Salt weight is at 1.023 which is good.

BUT... all of that is being "normed" out...

Back to the Post.. Purpleup is a STEROID for tanks... Do it NATURALLY, in some cases, as small of a window as a MONTH(my case) and you will see pretty purple!!! I reccomend Coralife Salt with Calcium.. It ROCKS!!!

I cant find a better way to describe it... You can be the Mark McGuire of reefing and take purpleup or just GO WITH IT like Cal Ripken.... To each his own...

ROFL.... I see this thread SLOWLY stearing off course.... Check the BALCO raid info for some good UnderGround products... A Clean product without all of the price of human grade!!!!

Seriously people...

I can't believe this is still discussed. Purple UP... Aragomilk... it's all the same. Aragonite in a bottle. The dust will settle, but it will never become coraline algae. The reason being... it's already in a form which will not disolve unless the Ph becomes less than 7.2. If it did.... all the coral and ###### in your tank would die.

For all you people that are quoting Randy Holmes-Farely to SUPPORT Purple up... YOU ARE FOOLS! Randy will never tell you that purple up or any of that other "Coraline Steroid" crap works... it's just that .... CRAP.

If you say it's working for you... PLACEBO.

Seriously people...

I can't believe this is still discussed. Purple UP... Aragomilk... it's all the same. Aragonite in a bottle. The dust will settle, but it will never become coraline algae. The reason being... it's already in a form which will not disolve unless the Ph becomes less than 7.2. If it did.... all the coral and ###### in your tank would die.

For all you people that are quoting Randy Holmes-Farely to SUPPORT Purple up... YOU ARE FOOLS! Randy will never tell you that purple up or any of that other "Coraline Steroid" crap works... it's just that .... CRAP.

If you say it's working for you... PLACEBO.

randy holmes farley says this stuff doesn't work. /end thread
For all you people that are quoting Randy Holmes-Farely to SUPPORT Purple up... YOU ARE FOOLS!

:huh: I'm the only one who's quoted him, and I'm arguing against Purple Up...

Archived