Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Do i need to wait or no?

sktr021

hey guys, ive been doing my research for a while now...and i know that you need to wait for your tank to become established and what not(6 months).

My question is that recently set up my 20 high, but i used EVERYTHING from my very established 75 gallon, excluding a little bit of new sand that i threw in there.

The 20 has been up for about two weeks, ive got lots of zoos, lots of shrooms, some gsp, and two misbar clowns...everything is doing fine..

Btw, lighting will be Fishneedit 4x24 T5HO.

HecticDialectics

wait what out?

it sounds from your original post like you already started stocking it?

or is that just stuff you want to put in the 20 once its done cycling?

I mean... yeah... keep waiting if your test kits tell you there's still ammonia and nitrites present at all. If not, then no... stop waiting?

its not a matter of time, its a matter of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels.

Alright, everything is good there, all levels are good, have been that way, and i dont see any reason why they would change.

Alright, everything is good there, all levels are good, have been that way, and i dont see any reason why they would change.

they will change when you transfer materials from one tank to another.

then you wait for a small cycle to take place (could be a couple hours, could but as long as a week or two). Then you can stock accordingly.

Ive been looking at clams for a while, and i want to know if it would be advisable to put one in my tank.

There was no cycle,if so very minimal, not even noticibale, because everything came directly from the 75 reef that i also have.i keep up on water changes weekly, i just want to make sure that my tank is going to be a good enviroment for a clam to thrive.

Everything stocking wise that i listed is already in the tank and has been in there since i set it up.

Im sorry if the question wasnt clear, I wanted your guys opinions on whether or not you think it would be okay.

Archived