Coral Vue Hydros

Crocea on sand bed under 70mh in 14 gal biocube?

plainrt

Ok i have a 14 gal biocube with a 70w sunpod over it.I have one crocea that is about mid level and has been gowing away and doing great for over 6 months.I have found a nice 3 inch gold crocea local that i would like but best spot is down in sandbed.Has anyone kept a crocea in sandbed under 70 mh?As deep as a biocube?Or should i just upgrade to a 150 pendant and be done with it?

thanks

Ok i have a 14 gal biocube with a 70w sunpod over it.I have one crocea that is about mid level and has been gowing away and doing great for over 6 months.I have found a nice 3 inch gold crocea local that i would like but best spot is down in sandbed.Has anyone kept a crocea in sandbed under 70 mh?As deep as a biocube?Or should i just upgrade to a 150 pendant and be done with it?

thanks

Hey there, well I have a crocea in my sandbed and a 70w MH. I have a 24gal Aquapod and It seems to be doing well. It has been there for about 2 months and I have noticed some growth. I am also feeding Phytoplankton. I bought it at about 2.5 inches and it's now about 3inches.

Crocea's like to be situated on rock work to begin with, why not just place it in the middle or top of the tank and be done with it?

If look at my tank in sig find me a spot for another on on rock.......I would place on a rock on the sand.Thanks for the leason on where they like to be placed.Not like i never had one or researched them one bit......... :lol:

Put a rock under it so it doesn't attach to your bottom. You can burry the rock in the sand if you like. But in general, as you should know from your research, they shouldn't be directly on the sand bed due to gill/silt issues.

Put a rock under it so it doesn't attach to your bottom. You can burry the rock in the sand if you like. But in general, as you should know from your research, they shouldn't be directly on the sand bed due to gill/silt issues.

as you could see if look at my post above yours i planned to put on rock in sand for reasons you stated :}

• 3 weeks later...

I passed up the sweet clam i had held for me at local swap cause im in process of transfering my cube to the 30 setup and didnt feel it would be good to bring another claminto a tank thats not the most stable already.

Im still sad about passing up that clam.

but im gonna miss the small tank.I would have never done it but im out of room big time.I have all sorts of lps touching each other My rbta is huge and think is splitting oh and my crocea takes up alot of room also.Oh and my open brain is pushed on the glass real bad also.........

Archived