Innovative Marine Aquariums

6 line wrasse and crocea clam

nyfishguy

just ordered a 3 inch crocea clam for my tank and i've been reading that you're not supposed to keep SOME wrasses with them

i haven't been able to find out witch ones (other than the obvious ones....duh)

my question is i have a small 6 line in my tank and was wondering if he'd be cool with my new addition (with will be here on friday)

any feedback would be great

thanks

It should be fine. I preface that with should. Six lines are not generally mantle nippers as I recall but it is going to come down to the fish and his/her personality and tastes. I have had clams with a six line with no problems but that is my fish. They are curious fish and will explore the clam.

I've got a 6 line with my clam - no problems so far, it's been 6 weeks. I'd preface that though with what Urchinhead said:

It should be fine. I preface that with should. Six lines are not generally mantle nippers as I recall but it is going to come down to the fish and his/her personality and tastes. I have had clams with a six line with no problems but that is my fish. They are curious fish and will explore the clam.

Sixline is fine. But to stay on the safe side, and for the health of your tank inhabitants, make sure the sixline is well fed and that the clam is healthy.

Archived