Coral Vue Hydros

can I cut this?

hppd432

My crocea clam has grabbed the rock beside her with one strand from her foot. All others are on rock under her and she is doing great. Except I need to move the rock to the right of her and that is where the strand is. She is actually slowly moving that rock out of place. After cutting it I would move the rock so it would be more sturdy.Can I cut it without hurting her too bad? Here is pic that may help.

IMG_3436.jpg

Hello

I would not cut her that seems a bit drastic to me. Try changing flow so that she repositions herself. I find my Croea moves if I chang the flow direction. They like a have water flow coming towards there mouth.

That is what I would try before I ever cut. If you damage there foot they can and will die. :tears:

Why not just break off that part of the rock your clam is attached to? LR is much easier to fracture and break than it would seem and you would only need to have the clam out of the water for a minute or two to take a chisel to the rock. Remember though if you take your clam out of the water you have to give it a 360 degree rotation to make sure no air bubbles are trapped inside. You could probably cut the rock with a sharp heavy duty knife.

Thanks for info everyone. I was able to move the rock that she had one strand attached to a more secure location. She was not going to let go and I was afraid rock was going to fall and tear her. Luckily when I moved the rock straight up the rock sort of locked into another rock and clam seems happy. I guess she got her way like most females that is what makes her happy :-)

Archived