inTank Media Baskets

My RSM 250

Martin_S

Just recieved my Max 250 last Friday. Any other owners notice an exessive irritating noise coming from the protein skimmer when the air valve is not closed. When i close it all the way its very quiet. But it needs to be somewhat open. Its quite impressive and very bothersome. Was wondering if anyone had any input on this and how to fix it.

see also the lighting forum

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=185902

i replaced the 3 ballasts

and im using a profilux computer... any other 1-10v steering light coomputer will do

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just recieved my Max 250 last Friday. Any other owners notice an exessive irritating noise coming from the protein skimmer when the air valve is not closed. When i close it all the way its very quiet. But it needs to be somewhat open. Its quite impressive and very bothersome. Was wondering if anyone had any input on this and how to fix it.

Where did you buy the tank? I am hearing they will be available to my LFS end of March, 1st of April.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with noice in RSM 250.

The skimmer noise is intolerable

I have to close the door from the living room , in order to get some sleep.

All other things are perfect.

If i can't find any solution , defenetely i have to replace the skimmer.

Martin , what about yours ?

Your tank is just perfect

I have the same problem with noice in RSM 250.

The skimmer noise is intolerable

I have to close the door from the living room , in order to get some sleep.

All other things are perfect.

If i can't find any solution , defenetely i have to replace the skimmer.

Martin , what about yours ?

Your tank is just perfect

My skimmer sounded like a box of marbles.

But now its more silend. some gorgling noise not more then that.

just screw the neck down (equal to the edge) ...and set the air valve just open .. that the foam reaches the edge.

Your tank looks great. I hope to get that many coral in my tank eventually. Good luck with it and keep posting pics.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great!!!

How is the corner where the glass comes up doing?

And how is you skimmer doing. Do you have allot of micro bubbles to?

daydreamer

Cool video. Too bad the colors are all lost.. doesn't do your tank justice. What's that little guy scooting around on the bottom right?

Cool video. Too bad the colors are all lost.. doesn't do your tank justice. What's that little guy scooting around on the bottom right?

Thats a dragon fish ( psychedelica ) very small and bad eater

feet it every day with Artemia ( dont know if that is the english word )

still looks starved

and as return Green slime algea.

so im in consideration to keep him or not.

-------------

the color disappearance is just a bad progg no setting at all , doesnt do any good to the reputation of the Logitech pro 9000 either!!!!

i will try a better program later

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived