inTank Media Baskets

i-don't-know-why-i-start-again tank

Duncan

finally! i got my long time fave coral, the duncan! woohoooo!

check it out! my twin head dunkies. i got them real cheap like only 20 singapore dollars! wahahaha!

DSCN8721.jpg

closer

DSCN8724.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the longest time, tank's a bit dull until this little fellow comes along.

DSCN8753.jpg

skunk cleaner bolted up in front of cam at the moment i snapped. hence the whitish blur.

DSCN8750.jpg

little boy perched high on top of the pump.

DSCN8755.jpg

and my duncans in full bloom. I just fed them chunky shrimp meats and boy, they are hungry.

DSCN8737.jpg

thanks, lani! duncan is and always be my fave coral. lol.

aw, you should get another. they are quirky and funny. i almost got a good shot of goby-in-the-powerhead cage just now.

thanks, toomin! came home this evening and couldnt find the yellow goby anywhere in the tank. checked the floor too. hope he's just shy, hiding in the rocks.

just a while after i turned off the ph to feed the corals, he came out again.

DSCN8758.jpg

disturbing the duncans and zoas...

DSCN8759.jpg

a side shot through the scratched glass

DSCN8762.jpg

thanks for looking.

some green ric or yuma. how the hell you guys tell them apart?

DSCN8678.jpg.

Yuma - Floridas do not have the bubbles on the mouth, Yuma's do... And might I say, that's a very nice color!

• 9 months later...

So I just did my first water change since last year October. A 100% water change. Wow, and that's about 2 months away from a year. And all these time, I never checked on my tank 'cept for topping off water.

Basically, it's auto-pilot all the way~ although it's not something to be proud of... haha.

So its time to check out the survivors under my sadistic reign~ God bless them.

Side fts

DSCF3994.jpg

Side fts from another view

DSCF3995.jpg

The survivors...

DSCF3998.jpg

Nature has its own way of preserving life... the chaeto started from a single strand and grown into this (double the size of the powerhead when in full view) and I didn't do nothing!

DSCF3999.jpg

Children of the survivors...

DSCF4002.jpg

Infants even...

DSCF4006.jpg

Purple weed overrun the entire tank...

DSCF4007.jpg

A new life has begun.

DSCF4009.jpg

A slumbering homeless drunk resting against a rock.

DSCF4010.jpg

Plating coralline everywhere, even on the tank walls. I should have taken a pic of that. You will think its a purple opaque tank. haha... My off-hand mode shines again...

DSCF4011.jpg

A mutant snail... nah, it not.

DSCF4013.jpg

Feather duster colony. Will they survive until the next water change?

DSCF4014.jpg

More sad landscapes...

DSCF4016.jpg

The ugly people zoas. Ugly indeed.

DSCF4018.jpg

Overcrowding issues are pressing...

DSCF4019.jpg

So there you go. See you in next water change! lol

Thanks for looking~

thanks for not throwing the animal rights stuff at me. I never know I'd be this slack. seriously broke my previous half-year maintenance record. hooray~

on a serious note, I'm thinking of getting an anemone to boost my interest again. but i need to get my tunze skimmer to work again first. I have not replaced the powerhead in the skimmer. that thing is going to set me back at 100 dollars~

so what you guys think? nem or not?

still looking good!

how about carpet nem?

its a tad expensive though. :happy:

i was thinking more along the bta kind... it's the maintenance that's stopping me... haha

DUNCAN!

OMG MY LOVELY SINGAPORE FRIEND! (ehh! why aren't you on SRC? :X) hahaha

well nem or not, best if you can haddoni or carpet anemones or mini carpet anemones. Pinnacle Aquatics do bring in some indo variants of mini carpets. $35 I think per anemone whereas the haddoni is like $50 from Marinelife.

Hey bro! PM me your number, let's go drink coffee someday! hehe :D

Hi Ancelot. thanks for the useful information, man! well, i'm not so much into this hobby now. priorities and more priorities lining up. haha..

I seldom go to sgrc 'cept when I got a thing or two to trade. visiting here is more like for old times' sake.

And I was talking about getting some nems in the previous post. And now... here they are! At a really great price~ lucky me.

Best thing about mini carpet nems is that they don't tour the tank.

Mini carpet anemone #1 is green with orange patches. Reason for the coy behavior is that he was just fed before the photo was taken.

DSCF4028.jpg

#1 again...

DSCF4038.jpg

#2 has a purple mouth with redish stripes extended to the circumference. My cam couldn't capture the actual colors...

DSCF4037.jpg

#2 done with dinner.

DSCF4040.jpg

Thanks for reading.

THANKS, Lani~ i also added some bits of macros here and there. Hope they will take off as i installed a 6500k bulb on the tank.

And I was talking about getting some nems in the previous post. And now... here they are! At a really great price~ lucky me.

Best thing about mini carpet nems is that they don't tour the tank.

Mini carpet anemone #1 is green with orange patches. Reason for the coy behavior is that he was just fed before the photo was taken.

DSCF4028.jpg

#1 again...

DSCF4038.jpg

#2 has a purple mouth with redish stripes extended to the circumference. My cam couldn't capture the actual colors...

DSCF4037.jpg

#2 done with dinner.

DSCF4040.jpg

Thanks for reading.

woohoo! nice minis! from the farm at pasir ris? (:

woohoo! nice minis! from the farm at pasir ris? (:

thanks~ yup, but i couldn't find the lfs you mentioned. i got them at the lfs where there's a round-about in front of it. 12 dollars each. good deal. but they only have green ones.

thanks~ yup, but i couldn't find the lfs you mentioned. i got them at the lfs where there's a round-about in front of it. 12 dollars each. good deal. but they only have green ones.

ohh hahaha yeahh I got 1 there over the weekend too!

heard they got those bright orange and red ones coming this week! shall keep you updated bro! heh :D

anyway you know marinelife? they got some carribean minis. saw them over the weekend. not so fantastic as said :S

Archived