Coral Vue Hydros

i-don't-know-why-i-start-again tank

Duncan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes, i would say that you are being perfectly rational here

glad it made sense to at least one person. :)

and thanks guys. i just fed the boys with seafood blend, 2 little fishes zooplankton and salifert coral food.

the lordy is the hungriest of all. he immediately extended his tentacles once the food hit the water.

DSCN8610.jpg

the dendro is no better. i spot-fed him with meaty chunks of the blend. check out the bloated mouth.

DSCN8619.jpg

pics are a bit crappy as i took them quick. dendro looked weird as i didn't ps it to the original color tone. so sorry.

okay, here's a fts. top-down.

DSCN8632.jpg

thanks for reading.

edit: ya, the xenia (near the bottom in the pic) was pulsing the moment i shut the powerhead to take the top-down. oh yeah.

NICE! Your tank is sweet and your rocks have great color

thanks! wish i took a pic of these rocks when i had them in the Green Tank. coralline growth was crazy back then.

many thanks, guys. :)

guess i will slow down on the corals now and let them grow out a bit. perhaps a few fancy zoas are in order, filling in the gaps.

no fts yet, i really don't want to show off a dirty tank. lol

do you have that power head pointed at the surface?

yes, and it's hidden behind the rocks. surface-blasting, ime, give the best flow distribution.

and +1

thanks for the back-up!

one of my xenia heads dropped off this morning after i did water change yesterday. the rest of the heads looked pretty p.o. as well.

the dropped off xenia is still good and is not disintegrating at all. i pinned it to the rock and secured it in with a toothpick. but later on, the xenia puffed up slightly and the toothpick floated away. so i weighed the toothpick down with the moai. that's why the funny pic below.

DSCN8649.jpg

and i got a red shroom for my ric from a frag swap. similarly i secured it with toothpick.

DSCN8643.jpg

a partial fts with acan lord, shroom, ric, xenia and moai.

DSCN8650.jpg

thanks for reading.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks, lalani!

i have been neglecting tank again. and corals are not too happy about it. there wasn't even a single water change between my last update and now. but somehow, the coralline algae took off. weird stuff.

i think that should shut the myth about having lots of purple corraline is a healthy tank sign.

two-face! harvey dent had half of his face burnt off in the dark knight, my moai boy had half of his face buried in the sand after he fell. for six months. he's pretty now.

DSCN8667.jpg

thanks guys. i appreciated that.

my red shroom has spawned one baby despite the uncaring outlook of mine. yes, the color has faded, when compared to the old photos.

DSCN8674.jpg

some green ric or yuma. how the hell you guys tell them apart?

DSCN8678.jpg

told ya i got a coralline explosion. check out the tunze skimmer wall and the powerhead. kinda blend in with the rocks, i supposed.

DSCN8682.jpg

for the past six months, i only top-off the tank until it reached the upper edge of the coralline on the skimmer wall. the top-off was more than one gallon of water. bleh.

for the sake of just saying it, don't follow my lazy bum ways. you'd most probably kill your tank.

Needreefunds
some green ric or yuma. how the hell you guys tell them apart?

DSCN8678.jpg

Yuma methinks.

As I understand it......

Ricordea Florida usually has a more uniform look to the polyps, tentacles or "bubbles" lol

While Ricordea Yuma has "bubbles" of varying lengths and sizes. Yumas also have short tentacles on the oral cone whereas Florida rics do not.

Tank looks pretty good for being neglected Duncan. I think I may turn my back on my tanks until October. :P

thanks, lalani. i guess i'm lucky that it wasnt the hair algea bloom instead. the coralline i supposed, used up all the nutrients and left very little for the messy hair algea. hoho.

Needreefunds, thanks for the id. you can try to do that, it's pretty addicting. lol. but really, i told myself i need to clean up the tank everytime i walked past it. somehow, i never did... just plain laziness.

• 3 months later...

not-quite-the-color blue shrooms sitting around with my fave macro.

DSCN8706.jpg

just cant forget my love for hammers, so i went to the lfs and grabbed a tiny branch.

DSCN8715.jpg

thanks for looking.

not-quite-the-color blue shrooms sitting around with my fave macro.

DSCN8706.jpg

just cant forget my love for hammers, so i went to the lfs and grabbed a tiny branch.

DSCN8715.jpg

thanks for looking.

Nice Pics duncan..how about an fts since its been so long since we've had an update :)

thanks, rehype. Guess i will post it up tonight. -_-

two day ago, when i wanted to do my water change, i had my hand in the tank first time in 3 months. lol. and guess what? i got electrocuted. it was my tunze nano skimmer 9002 causing the shock. and then it got me thinking how long has it been going on like this? 3 months??

now, the tank is running without the skimmer. i'm looking for a replacement tunze pump, but no luck. guess i'd have to be more diligent with my water change schedule from now on.

Archived