ReefCleaners.org

TCK's Aquapod 12

thecowkid

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh you just wait. just wait till I find a cupcake. Then it will happen :)

She was just in the kitchen hittin on Scuba Steve. I think hes in deep.

• 2 weeks later...

Little update. The lights are great. I am a little bummed that the back outside corners of the tank are dark. In the future I may add 2 more LED's to the rear row to eliminate those areas.

Now I am having a bit of an issue with a small algea problem. Within the past few weeks I have had a micro red bubble algea outbreak along with some strange other algeas. So I added the smallest emerald crab that I could find. This little crab is around 3/8" diameter. I was advised by John to get the smallest one that I could find so that his claws would be small enough to get into the small voids in the rocks and eat the nasties all up. I sure hope that I didnt mess up by adding the crab. But I didnt feel like I had any other option.

I wonder if Dixie had anything to do with all this stuff.

HEY Lisa. Long time. I've been aimin to PM you. Hows the tank and the kiddos doing? I was just thinking of you just a few mins ago. I had to cut the ring of fire zoa from the plug you put him on. For some reason it would NOT grow or split. It is still the single polyp. Go figure. But hey since I've got you on the line the Key lime Pies. When I got them they were lime green. Not so much any more. I know I had them under PC's and that caused the colors to fade. But now they are under LEDS. So where do you think I should place them. Hi or low in the tank?

LOL my little emerald. I have not noticed any diff yet. But every time I see the little guy he is pulling algea out by the tuft. Its a riot to watch. He actually pulls so hard that his hind claws/legs come off the ground. I think I am gonna be gettin a little urchin soon.

Hi!

Now I know why I haven't seen your thread, you're in AIO's. :mellow:

Very nice, I like it! B) I'm definitely jealous of your led's, so cool.

I love watching my emerald, always lots of fun.

What kind of urchin are you thinking of? I'm tempted by the tuxedos, but I'm askeered of getting those needles in my hand. They're so cute, though!

~Anne

LOL yep I sure did take on alot of flack for not building my own tank. I guess it was kinda silly, but I needed the extra insurance of a tigh hood.

Thanks. The LED's turned out alot better than I ever expected. I am still not done with them yet. The will be done shortly after Christmas. I am getting the driver for the UV LED's so :) I cannot wait.

My little emerald. I cannot find him. I found him the day after I put him in there, then never again :( I fear that he is not around any more. I guess I need to look in the back chambers for the lil guy.

I havent decided on what type of urchin yet. I may leave that up to Corvettejoe. However like you I do like the little tux urchins.

Yea I did look at night, with the blues on.... But funny thing is I was holding my 5 month old up to watch and there he was. :) I guess it had just been on a recon mission to the depths of the rocks. I am almost wishing I had gotten 2 emeralds. Would that be bad in a 12 gallon. I really want to get a hand on this strange algea thats growing.

Two seemed to do fine in my 12 NC also.

Thnx. I am wishful that two E's and a turbo will help chew the algea away. I asked Dhaut and he said that they were doing fine in his 7 gallon as well.

HEY Lisa. Long time. I've been aimin to PM you. Hows the tank and the kiddos doing? I was just thinking of you just a few mins ago. I had to cut the ring of fire zoa from the plug you put him on. For some reason it would NOT grow or split. It is still the single polyp. Go figure. But hey since I've got you on the line the Key lime Pies. When I got them they were lime green. Not so much any more. I know I had them under PC's and that caused the colors to fade. But now they are under LEDS. So where do you think I should place them. Hi or low in the tank?

Sry for not responding to this earlier, I haven't been around as much and didn't see it til just now.

Kiddos-- good

Tank-- still got a ways to go.

The little 10" cube Pico I set up is doing good and is what keeps me going for right now.

I've never tried corals under LED's before, so I'm not sure what to tell you unfortunately.

I'd just try it in the middle, watch it's response for a week, and go from there.

• 1 month later...

WOWzers its been a LONGA time since Ive been on my thread. Not much has changed with the tank. My little emerald I fear is gone. As I've only seen twice and that was way back in November. Same as my actions around this site I have neglected the tank. I know shot me. But work has had me slammed and then all of the H-days. The corals all are there not great, but not bad. The rocks have this slight furry texture, not algea looking but just gray dusty looks. I added a turbo and a little tuxedo urchin yesterday. I am hoping that they will take care of it. My little urchin is camping out on a rock in the front of the tank. Kinda looks cool there but I wish he would start to move around. I've heard it takes a few days for them to get settled in. His little grabbers are out waving so I guess its just hagin out. Anyone got any insider info on the urchins?

Militant Jurist

Hey stranger! ;)

Anyone got any insider info on the urchins?

Nope, but I hope that someone else does! I've always liked urchins, but I've been nervous about getting one. :scarry:

Sup!

Well your not any good on the Don Kings of the tanks now are ya? :P Good news is the fuzzy critter has moved down the rock about 1" and there is a super clean spot where it was sitting. I guess it was just havin a good little meal there. Now I see all kinds of sticky little arms holding on so at least its not just ploped on a rock not showing any signs of life.

Good news. The urchin has now left the rock. This little critter is so cool. MJ you gotta get one. Mine has decided to go on a snail hunt. All the little sliders in the tank are like :scarry: . Way to cool watching it glide over to a snail. Look at it"or their version of looking" then reach out and snatch them off the glass. Sometimes they really get into a huge tug of war. If the urchin starts to loose he just slaps on a few more sticky strings and hauls in his new found friend like it or not.

Archived