Coral Vue Hydros

TCK's Aquapod 12

thecowkid

End results. The setup is way friggin bright. My beginning quest was for a silent setup for these lights. Dennis hooked me up with 4 real SilentX fans. They are silent. Actually the 4 fans are quieter than the one stock fan. Who knew. Thanks Dennis and Evil for all your help. I couldnt have done it w/o you guys.

Well with out any further wait here are the sexy tank pics.

All the way from Vegas I would like to introduce Dixie the vegas girl and her pole.

IMG_8308.jpg

Her final move.

IMG_8309.jpg

Well Richie now you know what all the B-ranch junk was. That was a little present from Dennis. Oh the Dixie makes all the noises that a good B-ranch working girl should. :blush:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Thanks for clearing that up. :P

Hood looks sa-weet buddy.

Color looks very nice as well. Curious to see the UV lights too.

SilentX fans are the chit aren't they?

B)

NE Time man. thought u'd like that.

Yea they are nice fans. I cannot wait 4 the uv either. Pics just dont do justice as I am sure you know that. The colors are really nice like u said. The corals were pissed cause they had beed w/out light 4 3 days.

I just realized that I wired my bpucks to the wrong strings of leds. The switches are reversed 4 the colors. Gotta change that. oh well.

man! that dixie sure knows how to dance and shake it! and she's a tease too. :lol:

as for the tank, it looks sweet. i knew that you would like it.

it seems that both the 4x3 and the 6x2 works well.

i dont know if i told you that the knobs were from ledsupply but they do look like a 70's/80's stereo. Rick James style!

i leave now with the question....when is Dixie dancing again?

looks nice bud! :D

i really like how you did the fan mounts. now for the next $20 project? ;)

man! that dixie sure knows how to dance and shake it! and she's a tease too. :lol:

Yea she is so HAWT! Nothing better than a chrome chick that knows how to light it up. :happy:

it seems that both the 4x3 and the 6x2 works well.

I am pleased with that setup. Now that I am seeing other with 24 whites and blues with only 3 UV's I am thinking that once the UV's get hooked up its gonna look like a 1980's skating rink. SWEETWATER BABY!! B)

i leave now with the question....when is Dixie dancing again?

looks nice bud! :D

Ahaw. Shes got you tranqued dont she? Dixie will pop up from time to time. Heck she may start doing random thread appearances. Dixies drive by postings. Its gonna be the next raved thing I'm telling ya.

i really like how you did the fan mounts. now for the next $20 project? ;)

You know I think that is one of the things on this build that makes me the happiest. I mean it was so friggin simple and functional. Looking back I shoulda lightly sanded the areas that the silicone stuck to. I am sure that the silicone will release itself sooner than later due to not having the best bite on the smooth plastic.

Ha ha your wife is so gonna bust you one day. Thats why I try to get corals with pink in them. "Yea sure they are for you baby. Being pink is one of your favorite colors." My next purchase is really $20. I've gotta get that 700 mh puck now.

Now the quest begins for the perfect knobs. If I could find some plastic balls I could make some #####in domed knobs. The mouse in the cage in my head is RUNNIN his little legs off trying to figure this one out. I may havta go buy a cheepo game and nab the little balls outta to make the knobs. We will see.

Yea she is so HAWT! Nothing better than a chrome chick that knows how to light it up. :happy:

I am pleased with that setup. Now that I am seeing other with 24 whites and blues with only 3 UV's I am thinking that once the UV's get hooked up its gonna look like a 1980's skating rink. SWEETWATER BABY!! B)

Ahaw. Shes got you tranqued dont she? Dixie will pop up from time to time. Heck she may start doing random thread appearances. Dixies drive by postings. Its gonna be the next raved thing I'm telling ya.

You know I think that is one of the things on this build that makes me the happiest. I mean it was so friggin simple and functional. Looking back I shoulda lightly sanded the areas that the silicone stuck to. I am sure that the silicone will release itself sooner than later due to not having the best bite on the smooth plastic.

Ha ha your wife is so gonna bust you one day. Thats why I try to get corals with pink in them. "Yea sure they are for you baby. Being pink is one of your favorite colors." My next purchase is really $20. I've gotta get that 700 mh puck now.

Now the quest begins for the perfect knobs. If I could find some plastic balls I could make some #####in domed knobs. The mouse in the cage in my head is RUNNIN his little legs off trying to figure this one out. I may havta go buy a cheepo game and nab the little balls outta to make the knobs. We will see.

i know shes going to bust me some day....not. she never goes into a LFS, unless they were in a mall of coarse.

she didn't say anything about the $20 brain coral i got today for the BC today! lol (pics soon!) all she said was"another $20 coral. you know that adds up right?" i just said yep, kissed her and went of to work. i did have a smile on my face. precious :o

i have an idea! since this is going in your kiddies room, why dont you get modify some PEZ dispensers into knobs. just the heads i mean. you can get the disney characters to be the knobs. as you turn the heads, you will have your own little version of the Disney Exorcist. now that's funny. :D

Oh yea thats what I want. Little heads on top of the tank. Heck How bout I get Dixie and head.

:blink::blush::haha: i won't go there

ohhhh! me likes the one on the top left corner...the black and blue marbled top!

:P YER SKERD! I totally looked for a Isabella S Pezz disp...

I know those are for guitars. I wonder what the post diameter they accept is? More searchin.

Those are the Q parts Mini-dome knobs if you wanna know.

1/4" naw. The stems on my pots are like 1/8" Must be talkin bout the OD of the knobs. I'm talkin of the ID stem hole.

Richie.. Who knows. he'll chime in tomorrow round 9 am. All like :huh::unsure:

1/4 1/8" samething....lol that's what i really meant the 1/4" is for the one on my 37 gal.

that's funny. and it's always in the morning too! :lol:

Oh yea they are SO much the same thing arent they....

Come on Richie you have gotta start using mor words bro. Your making my brain work way to hard.

lol You know I would if I could see. I turned up the lights and :eek: I have yet to make/get any knobs.... So hows the little one doing. I sure hope that all the sickness blahs are gone. Seriously Emma walked into the kitchen and said "eweee pretty" Now my littlest clown has decided to host one of the rear blue leds. Way to funny to watch. It keeps sticking its nose outta the water and touchin the splash guard. Now I gotta get those uvs hooked up. How much of a diff in colors do they add?

lol You know I would if I could see. I turned up the lights and :eek: I have yet to make/get any knobs.... So hows the little one doing. I sure hope that all the sickness blahs are gone. Seriously Emma walked into the kitchen and said "eweee pretty" Now my littlest clown has decided to host one of the rear blue leds. Way to funny to watch. It keeps sticking its nose outta the water and touchin the splash guard. Now I gotta get those uvs hooked up. How much of a diff in colors do they add?

the little one is better....now every oneelse is sick including me! that's so cute. i love it when they are cute and innocent like that. clons are so...well like clowns. i love them. they are characters just like the neon gobies. i need to get more of them. i think the one i had in the bc passed away. i havent seen it in 2 weeks. i need to check the back chambers. i had him for about 2 years. the uv add just a bit more colr and pop the the tank but nothing else. im trying to get my friend to finally setup that ap12 so he can take pics of the tank fully stocked.

the little one is better....now every oneelse is sick including me! that's so cute. i love it when they are cute and innocent like that. clons are so...well like clowns. i love them. they are characters just like the neon gobies. i need to get more of them. i think the one i had in the bc passed away. i havent seen it in 2 weeks. i need to check the back chambers. i had him for about 2 years. the uv add just a bit more colr and pop the the tank but nothing else. im trying to get my friend to finally setup that ap12 so he can take pics of the tank fully stocked.

Good to know bout the little one. Bad ju ju was sent you way from the skery church pic. I bet they made you sick. :P My clowns are great. Well one is the other is a Beoich. She draws blood all the time. Heck I was tryin to stab a xanthid crab with a toothpick once and I dropped it. THAT CLOWN TOOK IT AND HID IT. I mean she actually wedged it behind the rock to keep it from floating up. So how long do you think I should take rampin up the leds to full power "muh ha ha ha"? The corals have not shown one sign of stress from them yet. So thats good.

Yea get that slow poke roling. I thought I was the resident NR slow poke around here I dont need any competition in that kat.

Side not for those who have asked. The air inside the power supplys box is only 7 degrees above external ambient temps.

;) yeah he's slow. blames it on a new baby or something like that.

and that clown you have sounds like it is a scorned woman which means you are screwed for life! that clown will do things to piss you off everyday for the rest of your life! okay i'm getting way too carried away...long, cold, windy day.

it should only take a week or two for them to get adjusted to the full blastof the light. muh hahaha!

LOL I have so had to use that kid card. I guess I will start rampin up the light a bit more.

Cold,windy day. Panz...Come on to KY bro, Heck it was 42' 15-20 mph gust, and fine misty rain all day. Great mulching weather. Nothing like mulching 9 acres of leaves, then laying 40 bags of mulch, grabbing a bee in a flower. "ouch".....

Yea that clown is a pissy woman. If I am feeling really mean I will tape a mirror to the side of the tank just to piss her off. Or I just go in and turn on the lights in the middle of the night. Teach that B to bight me for no friggin reason.

Well I am having some strange algea issues. This stuff looks like a brick red kinda sorta hair algea. Only the hairs are thicker and more corse than regular GHA. Now if I can ever keep a turbo alive maybe one will eat it. I have got 3 turbos in the past two months and both have dropped trap in four or less days. Go figure. I need to get some pics of this stuff to John M and see what he says to do about it.

LOL I have so had to use that kid card. I guess I will start rampin up the light a bit more.

Cold,windy day. Panz...Come on to KY bro, Heck it was 42' 15-20 mph gust, and fine misty rain all day. Great mulching weather. Nothing like mulching 9 acres of leaves, then laying 40 bags of mulch, grabbing a bee in a flower. "ouch".....

Yea that clown is a pissy woman. If I am feeling really mean I will tape a mirror to the side of the tank just to piss her off. Or I just go in and turn on the lights in the middle of the night. Teach that B to bight me for no friggin reason.

Well I am having some strange algea issues. This stuff looks like a brick red kinda sorta hair algea. Only the hairs are thicker and more corse than regular GHA. Now if I can ever keep a turbo alive maybe one will eat it. I have got 3 turbos in the past two months and both have dropped trap in four or less days. Go figure. I need to get some pics of this stuff to John M and see what he says to do about it.

hmmm red.. is it cyano? did you check the algea thread that john made. there is lots of pics there. it was only 9' today but the winds were 25-35 with gusts of 45. lol panz...but my hands were cold! j/j

yeah i guess i did sound kinda panzy like. but i dont have a fish that acts like Carrie. :P

guess you got me on that one. I havent checked that algea thread in a long time. Its not cayno. Honestly one looks like dark red spagetti and the other looks like dark red moss. Not the pond scum stuff, but what you see growin on rocks and tree roots.

End results. The setup is way friggin bright. My beginning quest was for a silent setup for these lights. Dennis hooked me up with 4 real SilentX fans. They are silent. Actually the 4 fans are quieter than the one stock fan. Who knew. Thanks Dennis and Evil for all your help. I couldnt have done it w/o you guys.

Well with out any further wait here are the sexy tank pics.

very cool

All the way from Vegas I would like to introduce Dixie the vegas girl and her pole.

IMG_8308.jpg

Her final move.

IMG_8309.jpg

Well Richie now you know what all the B-ranch junk was. That was a little present from Dennis. Oh the Dixie makes all the noises that a good B-ranch working girl should. :blush:

Archived